• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How do you ship ammo these days?

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
Hello fellow Hiders. I’ve been cleaning out my reloading room and have way more factory ammo than I can shoot any time soon. I’m trying to find the most cost-effective shipping manner and not having much luck.

Are you all using FedEx, UPS, or USPS? Which service is best for bulk, and does that mean using their boxes and keeping it under a max weight? I used to ship through UPS but their prices have been high on my recent orders so I’d like to explore alternatives.

Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Drenthe
I've found UPS to be the easiest and most convenient, while not always the cheapest. I'm a UPS MyChoice member so I get a discount on everything I ship, and I make my own labels and drop at a UPS Customer Center just a few miles away. Never had a problem. FWIW ...

Can't *legally* ship ammo via USPS. Easiest to ship UPS Ground and put the limited quantity label on it. I've attached a pdf doc that you can print and cut them out if needed.

Attachments

• Limited Quantity Labels.pdf
    99.9 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
UPS dropped off at a customer center with the limited quantity diamond sticker on it. If they argue, it’s not ORM-D anymore it’s limited quantity.

Flat Rate

137921f7-227a-45e3-adee-d9a4160a0e07_text.gif

I use their service for mostly everything when I ship with UPS / USPS, but not ammo. They specifically list ammo on their prohibited item:

Technically they don’t want you shipping limited quantity, ORM-D, or hazmat on their UPS account IIRC. Whether you do or don’t that’s up to you obviously.

I use their service for mostly everything when I ship with UPS / USPS, but not ammo. They specifically list ammo on their prohibited item:
Was not aware of that.

Reactions: Ziloooo