• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting Suppressed?

phightower

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2011
North Florida
I searched for awhile so sorry if it's been covered...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Does anybody ever use a suppressor when they hunt...Anything?</span>

My hearing is going to crap fast and I'm becoming paranoid. I doubled up on hearing protection (plugs and muffs) last time I hunted with a rifle and it really took the "fun" out of it. Plus powered walkers restrict my cheek weld.

I was thinking a suppressor may solve the problem... slightly.

Re: Hunting Suppressed?

I only hunt suppressed now that I have suppressors. Check your state laws to make sure it is legal. I took my girlfriends daughter on her first Whitetail hunt this past season. She had my 300 whisper AR. 2 Does stepped out at 125 yards. She shot the first one in the neck and dropped it in it's tracks. The second one had no idea what was going on till it looked down and saw the other one dead. There is nothing like hunting suppressed in my opinion.

I made the mistake in assuming it was legal here in Florida because we ahve some of the most lax hunting laws but apparently not.

Not legal to hunt with an automatic or suppressed weapon.

Just as diappointing... it is also illegal to hunt with poisonous or explosive arrow heads.

Remember the good times when we were allowed to hunt out of the back of the truck in a lazy boy?

I hunt / shoot all of the time suppressed.

New Mexico is good to go!

I generally hunt suppressed with my rimfires. My CF can affects gun-handling too much to stalk-hunt with it. I've thought about threading my groundhog rifle's barrel because it already weighs more than my car anyway but haven't yet.

Well in Texas we can hunt all non game species. Hogs , varments, and exotics according to local possum cop!

OHHHH YES! Up here in South Dakota, we hunt EVERYTHING suppressed! (I use "we" loosely... my hunting partners and I)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oTl1Hp5pa7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/no6tfaW9yzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h8FUup6lpM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yep SD is good to go for everything suppressed, i'll NEVER shoot without a can again...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yep SD is good to go for everything suppressed, i'll NEVER shoot without a can again... </div></div>

Shhhhh....you SD guys keep some of our liberties and laws quiet, don't want the riff raff from other states.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hunt suppressed in PA....pity I cant do here in Ct...</div></div>

...legal with paperwork in pa., not so much without.

other than a copy of my form 4....PA does not require any State issued paperwork other than a hunting lic...just for clarification...

TN is good for hunting suppressed also. It really spoils you when trying to manage a whitetail population with a suppressor. With the right ammo it allows us to harvest many does in a field before they are able to exit. Most times they have a hard time locating the shot, so they just sit there or run 15 yds and stop. We have certain times during season that allows 3 feamle deer a day. This keeps the freezer full and the family fed well all year long.

I love mine - comps, hunting, practicing. I wish I had one many years ago - might have saved some of my hearing too. My next one is going to be for my 22lr for squirrels : )

JamieD

Can't do it in WY, but I would LOVE to use one for varmint and predator hunting!

The land I hunt is next door to a place that does weddings, receptions, dinners etc, and all ourdoors. I am probably 1/4 mile away from the place when I hunt hogs at night. A supressor is nice because they have no idea I am shooting hogs out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Super Bee 950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The land I hunt is next door to a place that does weddings, receptions, dinners etc, and all ourdoors. I am probably 1/4 mile away from the place when I hunt hogs at night. A supressor is nice because they have no idea I am shooting hogs out there. </div></div>

I'm laughing picturing a big bloody and wounded hog squealing it's head off while run right through a nighttime wedding reception. Hell, you're in TX, one of the groomsmen would likely pull out a pig sticker and finish it off.

Supressors will be legal in Washington state pretty soon. Does anybody know if there are any laws against using them for hunting yet?