• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I think my Razor Gen 2 went TU….

GhostFace

Verified Asshole
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2003
    Indiana
    my 3-18 rests in a Midwest Mount, I went this way because of what I read about vertical split rings. I had it in a ADM Mount briefly about two years ago. The MI sits lower than the ADM I had so it wouldn’t clear my BUIS (ARMS #40L-SP) so I put a YHM riser under the MI Mount. I had to rezero and this is where my problems started. my elevation changed but so did my windage, I could barely get on paper but I had about one revolution of wind age left. The impacts would wander, I checked everything and all was tight. I used a FAT wrench on the mount at 17 inch pounds and the bolts weren’t loose neither was the Mount.

So today I took off the sights and the riser expecting every thing to return to normal. I had to dial down 2 revolutions to get on paper and my impacts were still left edge of a B27 style target at 25 yards. I dialed left 1/4 of revolution and I fired a shot. My impact moved up to the top of the paper While remaining on the right edge. So I have a scope problem, it’s a good thing I reached out to Vortex last week and I have a return label. I never dropped this scope nor have has it taken a ding or impact. I find it hard to believe just putting a riser under it would cause this to happen. Anyone else hear of a problem similar to this with a razor?

Have you tried to rotate the elevation and windage to max in either direction? Sometimes things get a little stuck inside if you never adjust them.

I just got a 6-24X PST back from them that was doing something similar. They said that they could not duplicate the issue.

My son is getting a new 6.5CM so I am going to give it to him to try. If we have any trouble with it, I'm going to make them pay for shipping this time around.

Warranty that hog and get a Nightforce Steiner or minox had tracking issues with every vortex I ever owned. There warranty is second to none but you damn sure have to use it a lot.

Have you tried to rotate the elevation and windage to max in either direction? Sometimes things get a little stuck inside if you never adjust them.

yeah I did that right, it didn’t help anything…

Vortex owners be like. “It’s the best warranty”

91DF79EF-0F51-404B-AF60-CA00682E4337.jpeg
    7B128121-0A23-4A55-B3EF-3682B935B025.jpeg
    84C4F630-76B4-4B9F-82E5-4A3987B4443E.jpeg

yeah I did that right, it didn’t help anything…
    Darn. Sounds like you covered the obvious tests. Do you see anything obviously amiss in the scope? I.E. if you gently swing the scope last and right do you see occlusion like something is loose?

No I don’t see anything loose or moving. My other razor is fine, now that thing has been cranked on and that rifle has taken a hard fall. Shit happens I guess, NF is out of the question, I’m a MOA user so no bueno….

I scan ebay occasionally, just in case I happen across a good deal. The only good deals are the damn MOA scopes.

The problem with Night force is they make so many damn MOA
    Scopes.... 🤔

Last edited:
    Their MOA reticle suck that's why! Have you looked at their MOA reticles?

Going to resist making the moa / mil comments for now 😁

I have seen several razors develop similar issues. It’s time for a warranty repair.
    And get higher rings/ mount so you can ditch the riser.

• Haha
    Reactions: Holliday
    I’m stuck in my ways plus I have way too many scopes to switch over just because of this one scope.

Riser is gone and so are the BUIS which is a shame. Id like to find something higher that has a conventional ring set up that is quick detach.

My best friend and hunting buddy is stuck on MOA. I am making no headway getting him to mil. He has to call out inches when he spots for me and vise versa when I spot for him.......ugh
    This drives me crazy. I have been trying to do the same and covert my buddy’s to mil. Sounds like it easier just to find new friends 😂

I just got the scope back and the repair slip said it was a stuck gimbal, it was replaced. So I wonder if this is common with the razor 2? This is my oldest Razor 2 and probably the most used as it is on one of my gas guns. The 4.5-27 is on a bolt gun that doesn’t get used as much and it’s about a year newer than the 3-18 I just sent in. anyway, they repaired it rather quick and I’ll hit the range next week with it so hopefully I’m back up and running again.

Reactions: SepticDeath
    I just got the scope back and the repair slip said it was a stuck gimbal, it was replaced. So I wonder if this is common with the razor 2? This is my oldest Razor 2 and probably the most used as it is on one of my gas guns. The 4.5-27 is on a bolt gun that doesn’t get used as much and it’s about a year newer than the 3-18 I just sent in. anyway, they repaired it rather quick and I’ll hit the range next week with it so hopefully I’m back up and running again.
    Not a very common issue.

Vortex's high end scopes are high end scopes. Just like everyone elses. And they break too...just like everyone elses. (boxes up broken nightforce....)

If you haven't broken every major manufacturers scope yet, you haven't been in this game all that much.

Not a very common issue.

Vortex's high end scopes are high end scopes. Just like everyone elses. And they break too...just like everyone elses. (boxes up broken nightforce....)

If you haven't broken every major manufacturers scope yet, you haven't been in this game all that much.
    SHV?

Nightforce has a reputation of being a tough scope to break. I have one that I bought in 1998 and is still going strong. It hasn't been on anything hard recoiling, 223, 308 AR- which is tough on optics, and various 6mm rifles.

I bought the PST years ago as I liked the reticle and FFP that my NF didn't have. I do have an old 1-4X Razor on an AR and it has had untold thousands of rounds through it and has been thrown around in 3 gun matches, varmint hunts, classes, etc without any problems.

SHV?

Nightforce has a reputation of being a tough scope to break. I have one that I bought in 1998 and is still going strong. It hasn't been on anything hard recoiling, 223, 308 AR- which is tough on optics, and various 6mm rifles.

I bought the PST years ago as I liked the reticle and FFP that my NF didn't have. I do have an old 1-4X Razor on an AR and it has had untold thousands of rounds through it and has been thrown around in 3 gun matches, varmint hunts, classes, etc without any problems.
    4-16x42 F1

9FA43ACA-7211-43F3-A682-1D509550DADC.jpeg

I consider the NF one of the toughest of scopes.

I break them all in time - NF, SB, Leupold, Burris, Kahles. I also shoot more than most. A lot more.

There isn’t a major brand I haven’t boxed up yet except ZCO - and that’s because I haven’t owned a ZCo yet.