• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Inflation.......... ?

This will drive their "calculated" value down faster as consumers are forced to adjust their spending habits of real inflation. So weight adjustment and only 1 year look back.

Once everyone switches to eating bugs, inflation will look great.
I won’t eat bugs but I sure will eat Bambi and mamma if I have to.
Bambi be so tender eating just saying.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
inflation is too high so they can't cut rates not to mention if they do, housing pricing explodes up again and renting shoots north costing more. Fed should just raise 50bps and the let the dust settle

inflation is too high so they can't cut rates not to mention if they do, housing pricing explodes up again and renting shoots north costing more. Fed should just raise 50bps and the let the dust settle
It's looking like the FED is just going to do nothing and allow inflation to tame inflation. Going to be a hell of a crash landing in the end.

It's looking like the FED is just going to do nothing and allow inflation to tame inflation. Going to be a hell of a crash landing in the end.
agree, they don't want to do anything and I hope the numbers come in hotter because the sooner they raise the faster the this stops.

May 31 (Reuters) - U.S. inflation tracked sideways in April, a worrying sign for the Federal Reserve that suggests the elevated pace of price increases could last longer than expected and casts doubt on how soon the central bank will be able to cut interest rates.
The report from the Commerce Department on Friday also showed tepid consumer spending, a wrinkle that could help the Fed's inflation fight or cause jitters if the economy cools too quickly.

"The longer you get the market inflation lingering close to 3%, the harder it is for the Fed to make a case for cutting rates. Certainly there's nothing in these numbers that advances the Fed's rate cutting idea," said Josepth Trevisani, a senior analyst at FXStreet.

The FED Reserve is America's Dead horse.

The Tribal wisdom of the Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that, “When
you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.” However, in
government, education, and in corporate America more advanced strategies are often
employed, such as:

• Buying a stronger whip.
• Changing riders.
• Appointing a committee to study the horse.
• Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.
• Lowering the standards so that the dead horses can be included.
• Re-classifying the dead horse as living-impaired.
• Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
• Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.
• Providing additional funding and/or training to increase dead horse’s performance.
• Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse’s
performance.
• Declaring that the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower
overhead and, therefore, contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy
than do some other horses.
• Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses. And of course….
• Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

When the Government comes out with inflation numbers... All I can do is laugh.
Being on a fixed income forces me to run my own inflation numbers.
I shop once a month for most of my groceries. With all the new scanners, prices are no longer on the items. So, I write the price on them when they go in my basket. Below is an example. Same can of store brand peanuts, bought one month apart.
Last month they were $2.56. This month they were $2.63... That would be a price increase of 2.7% in one month.
Over 12 months the increase would mount up to be 32% (+ / -).
No one is coming to save us.

Attachments

• IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    571.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    479.8 KB · Views: 2
2.56 and 2.63, I see it, and here I am thinking that is COAL, and then, what is it on a can for, is he sticking his loaded cartridges in a peanut can???
That is the cost per unit that I wrote on the can. If everything in your pantry would have the price on it, you would certainly see "inflation" right before your very eyes.
My ammo also has the prices written on containers. I can see inflation (buying power of the USD) very easily without dragging out a calculator.
Take a paint stick and write the purchase price under the hood of your vehicle... Another good place to track inflation.
Prices are being hidden to appease the average, dumb American.
Lowering the COLA is the Governments goal.

Dip the neck in peanut butter. Gives much better ES, and if you pair it with Vihtavuori, it gives off a wonderful scent when you fire it.

When the Government comes out with inflation numbers... All I can do is laugh.
Being on a fixed income forces me to run my own inflation numbers.
I shop once a month for most of my groceries. With all the new scanners, prices are no longer on the items. So, I write the price on them when they go in my basket. Below is an example. Same can of store brand peanuts, bought one month apart.
Last month they were $2.56. This month they were $2.63... That would be a price increase of 2.7% in one month.
Over 12 months the increase would mount up to be 32% (+ / -).
No one is coming to save us.
start writing down the date, next to price.
It will make you sad, but at least you will know the truth. And keep a can with date and price from 4 years ago. The Media won't tell you this info

Reactions: Hobo Hilton