• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

I have the trickler already and definitely want to upgrade to the new package.

Yeah that's sweet man. Very nice. I'm sure someone will 3d print something that will fit on the powder jugs so you can set the tower and fit it into a funnel piece into the powder jug and that whole set up is so much easier to fool with. Looks absolutely awesome! Can't wait

IMG_5586.jpeg

Reactions: NiteQwill
Nice. I am looking forward to that. I wonder if there is going to be a V1.5 conversion kit for those already own IP Tricklers
He said you'd be able to buy it ala cart for that reason. So those of us that have an IP already will just need the new tower

Maybe @Thor can make a new lexan hopper that is only 2" tall but has an adapter that connects a 1 lb powder bottle. That way you don't have to remember what kind of powder is in your hopper because the bottle is screwed onto it upside down and when you are finished with that powder you just flip the whole thing upside down and the powder goes right into the bottle and you disconnect, put the cap back on. Just a short 2 in lexan section so you can see if you're getting low. Kind of like the Harrells powder throws that use the same threads as a 1 lb bottle.
Noted!

Hey Guys,
Sorry I don't respond faster to some of your questions. Just focusing on orders and the new unit to get it to everyone as soon as possible.
As I have mentioned before, the new unit is completely backward compatible with the powder meter that so many of you have already bought and you will be able to upgrade to the dropper and electronics. You can use the side stand that was provided before or upgrade to the new bracket that puts it all on top of the scale attached to the dropper.

I have made the decision that the system will come with the electronics as you see in the videos with the small screen and keypad but we are also making a phone app via Bluetooth that can control the unit also. With the addition of some of the memory features to name and save loads and stuff, the multitouch screen via an app on your phone or tablet will be more user friendly. But rest assure for some of you geriatric shooters LOL, you will not have to have a phone to operate it. Run it as you wish.

I have also designed a new draft shield for the scale that I am working on having available. I never have liked the factory one with most scales and also don't care for the boxy ones either. It is vacuum molded with clear plastic and round to fit on the protrusion on the A&D scales. By rotating it you can put the hand opening anywhere you desire for your set up and liking. Its a little bit taller that factory one also. I should have some samples to show of that soon also.

I'll leave you with another teaser running some Vv N150.

Thanks for the support, Paul

Man I can't wait to get that thing set up. My IP now works great already but this whole package looks so much faster easier to use in general.

I don't "need" this. I don't "need" this. I don't "need" this. I don't "need" this. I don't "need" this. I don't "need" this. I don't "need" this.
Eff it, put me down for an upgrade kit!

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc
My Super Trickler is coming in a few weeks, but I'll be ordering an Ingenuity setup as well to compare the two and keep the one I prefer. I think this Ingenuity setup looks great!

Hey Guys,
Sorry I don't respond faster to some of your questions. Just focusing on orders and the new unit to get it to everyone as soon as possible.
As I have mentioned before, the new unit is completely backward compatible with the powder meter that so many of you have already bought and you will be able to upgrade to the dropper and electronics. You can use the side stand that was provided before or upgrade to the new bracket that puts it all on top of the scale attached to the dropper.

I have made the decision that the system will come with the electronics as you see in the videos with the small screen and keypad but we are also making a phone app via Bluetooth that can control the unit also. With the addition of some of the memory features to name and save loads and stuff, the multitouch screen via an app on your phone or tablet will be more user friendly. But rest assure for some of you geriatric shooters LOL, you will not have to have a phone to operate it. Run it as you wish.

I have also designed a new draft shield for the scale that I am working on having available. I never have liked the factory one with most scales and also don't care for the boxy ones either. It is vacuum molded with clear plastic and round to fit on the protrusion on the A&D scales. By rotating it you can put the hand opening anywhere you desire for your set up and liking. Its a little bit taller that factory one also. I should have some samples to show of that soon also.

I actually don't mind the square box draft shield looks pretty nice with that setup. The unit looks awesome can't wait for pre-order. It also looks like the drop of the powder is in the center of scale which is nice I know others have some farther forward.

I love the high tech no powder kernel bounce scale cup. Will those be included? I resorted to a silicon cup that I rubbed graphite/molly internally on to keep the powder from bouncing out, but still flowing nicely out of the cup. Sometimes low cost solutions are the best. Can’t wait to get the dropper; I love my IG trickler.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Very nice!! Love it!! Can't wait to get one in hand!

Reactions: jbrand11
I have a feeling this has already been touched on but I didn't see it in the thread. Any idea what the $$ is going to look like on this setup? I am buying it no mater what haha! Just curious.

The new standard has arrived.

If this works with n570 and RL50, the ST is going on eBay or in the garbage can

• Wow
Reactions: NiteQwill
The new standard has arrived.

If this works with n570 and RL50, the ST is going on eBay or in the garbage can
I guess what I'm saying is I didn't know people were having so much trouble with the ST since I never bought into one. I already had the IP on a V3 dropper so I wasn't in a hurry to make a change..

Reactions: shoot4fun
Damn that was quick, the ST was all the rave not very long ago now it's trash can worthy?? What did I miss?
if the videos above are representative, it's way way faster; it "learns" faster, and drops faster than anything I"ve seen.

And the ST is not without its problems just like the AT. Small tubes, whether they rotate or vibrate are prone to overages.

if the videos above are representative, it's way way faster; it "learns" faster, and drops faster than anything I"ve seen.

And the ST is not without its problems just like the AT. Small tubes, whether they rotate or vibrate are prone to overages.
Yeah, it's gonna be hard for anyone to match the accuracy of the IP trickler design, and with this new upgraded tower it's just a damn fine setup.. I just wish the hopper had a pyrex cylinder instead of the plastic..

Yeah, it's gonna be hard for anyone to match the accuracy of the IP trickler design, and with this new upgraded tower it's just a damn fine setup.. I just wish the hopper had a pyrex cylinder instead of the plastic..
I'm sure that can be arranged. When I I broke mine on my AT, they were super cool to deal with getting me a new hopper and in talking to them, I want to say they told me they could make any size, they just need the info, but I might have made that part up...

I'm sure Dramworx already has ideas to create a pyrex hopper... (or maybe is already working with Paul on one)

I personally don't like the way plastic starts to stain from the powder.. The powder is a little hard on the plastic. I also like the Dramworx lid that he uses, it seals the container very well so I feel more comfortable leaving some powder in the hopper for an extended amount of time..

More insight into the unit. Fast AF...😮😮

So, if I need everything in the video, because I am not upgrading anything but starting from scratch (I currently have an RCBS Chargemaster Link), how much do I tell the bank officer I need when I apply for the home equity line of credit to fund this?

Reactions: jetsurgeon
So, if I need everything in the video, because I am not upgrading anything but starting from scratch (I currently have an RCBS Chargemaster Link), how much do I tell the bank officer I need when I apply for the home equity line of credit to fund this?
All of it :LOL: (you can use the leftover for powder, primers, bullets, etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
I think your going to need $700 to $900 for his full setup then plus scale $600ish. Your looking at $1500 or so for the full setup I think

Fine then bet me. I’ll bet you $50 at one to one odds the set up from ingenuity with everything needed to do every powder and an external keypad is equal to or over $900. Scale is extra because he doesn’t really control that cost. To be clear, this does not include shipping, but it includes all six discs needed for the trickler part, and any other parts needed to be changed between powders for the bulk dispenser.

Just because something is not possible to know with certainty does not mean that reasonable estimates and forecasts cannot be made. So go ahead and bet me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schw15
That makes me even more confident in my bet, because:

The planning fallacy predicts that things always take longer and cost more than people estimate, because they focus on all the ways things can go right, and ignore the multitude of reasons they can go wrong.

And I’m sure it will meet price resistance if it hits four figures. So he’s *hoping* to keep it under $1k is my guess. One way to do that is to include only one disk, or to make a cheaper version that you use with your phone and no keypad, leaving the keypad as an “upgrade.” That’s why I was careful to stipulate precisely what my wager consists of: the whole kit and kaboodle.

Reactions: Schw15
If you pricing experts are setting the IPO, I'm out.

Priced right, Adam et al never sell another unit; priced like some of you deep pockets are suggesting, he will still do well, because you are willing to buy $475 sizing dies and $1K bipods...but priced right, you get all the market and then some. :)

You guys are like my x-wife expressing too much interest in a property with the owner-realtor just smiling during the walk-through.

• Haha
You’re right there are no fundamental economics underlying these things, just the whims and excesses of the sellers and buyers.

If you pricing experts are setting the IPO, I'm out.

Priced right, Adam et al never sell another unit; priced like some of you deep pockets are suggesting, he will still do well, because you are willing to buy $475 sizing dies and $1K bipods...but priced right, you get all the market and then some. :)

You guys are like my x-wife expressing too much interest in a property with the owner-realtor just smiling during the walk-through.

download (1).jpeg

Fine then bet me. I’ll bet you $50 at one to one odds the set up from ingenuity with everything needed to do every powder and an external keypad is equal to or over $900. Scale is extra because he doesn’t really control that cost. To be clear, this does not include shipping, but it includes all six discs needed for the trickler part, and any other parts needed to be changed between powders for the bulk dispenser.

Just because something is not possible to know with certainty does not mean that reasonable estimates and forecasts cannot be made. So go ahead and bet me.
I would normally hate for any man to lose a bet, But I hope like hell you lose your ass on this one for all our benefits. Lol

Reactions: secondofangle2