• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ingenuity Wanted: Apply Inside

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    Now that Mother Nature is done being a sobbing baby, and the temps have warmed, our ice is gone and I’ve no more need for a fish house. At least for another six months.

I’ve got it off the lake and have it behind my garage.

I was able to pull it into place with the truck but wrecked the lawn, and a lot of it.

Now I need to get it closer to the garage to clear up another 4 feet of yard.

I’ve got a trailer tongue jack to lift it, and some other misc stuff, tie downs, come along, four wheeler, etc at my disposal.

What says the hide?

Any good ways to move this thing without destroying the rest of my yard?

E0B99961-2E93-4175-8471-2B5E182B9E60.jpeg

Here’s the jack. We’ve modified it to lift the house.
    CF6C8B7E-4C99-4A22-839F-375B479E0EA9.jpeg

Jack it, block it, lay timbers under it, set it down on said timbers and slide it into place.

Edit to add: Depending on where you are located, it will probably freeze overnight next week, might move it then?

Reactions: Makinchips208
    Also think PVC would work well

Make 2x8 skids for it from treated lumber.
    Angle/curve the ends like ski tips.
    Leave on it, will work a treat to move around on the lake next season.

Looks like the skids are parallel to the house which makes this more difficult than it needs to be. 😂 Just put a couple 2x8s under it and push it with an atv with a 2x12 on the front to distribute the force.

In your second picture, you've already got a plank underneath that the skids are sitting on. Raise it higher, and put another plank underneath the first one, as well as some round items of similar size between the planks. 1/2" black iron pipe, or ANYTHING like that. By yourself, you could easily move that shack with very little effort. (after you put a pair of planks under the other end, too)

This is how equipment gets moved, daily.

We move bigger and heavier mills at work on 1" pvc pipe(when we cant use the crane)... the bigger stuff doesnt hold as much weight, but rolls better on rough floors or dirt.
    Pvc is smooth enought to use as a "track" too... two pipes long enough to get it to its destinat I on and it will slide like its on rails....maybe help it along with a 2x4 as a lever.

It works.
    Shred

We move bigger and heavier mills at work on 1" pvc pipe(when we cant use the crane)... the bigger stuff doesnt hold as much weight, but rolls better on rough floors or dirt.
    Pvc is smooth enought to use as a "track" too... two pipes long enough to get it to its destinat I on and it will slide like its on rails....maybe help it along with a 2x4 as a lever.

It works.
    Shred
    I like this. I can get some pipe. Good idea!

If you have 2 come alongs, pull your truck up close to the garage corner and hook off the tow hook. Use another vehicle/tree/lawn tractor for the opposite side.

It works.
    Shred

This right here.

What does it weigh? Get a few lads and a couple of straps to carry it.

You have it jacked up seemingly without issue, so it's likely not that heavy, or the ground is hard enough to not worry too much about rollers

Get a cake pan, fill with water and freeze, repeat 4 to 6 times. Jack up the house and slide the frozen pucks underneath. They will glide pretty easily and as they melt provide their own lubrication. When you get it where you want it walk away, The sliders will "magically" disappear!

Fuck the lawn.
    I thought even you would draw the line at fucking the lawn. :oops:

But on a serious note, addressing the OP's question,

Ya gotta blast, 4 quarter pound chunks of C4, one on each corner, should move it into place nicely.

Cut down trees about 12” in diameter. Run eye bolts on the ends with washers through the trees. Attach Cables with hooks to all the eyebolts. Cut down 6” trees and use them as spreader bars to keep the cables apart. Connect all cables to a single point in the center.

Rent a crane and have them pick it up.

Second option is to get a Huey to pick it up and fly it a bit to the left.

We picked up a platform in Alaska with a Huey with kind of the same setup and flew it a couple miles downriver. Pretty entertaining. Depending on the weight a JetRanger would probably do it as well.

• Love
    Reactions: Bigfatcock