• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Interior House Shutters

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Anybody here have suggestions on
1) where to buy
2) material
3) Louver size
4) Pre-painted (UV resistant paint, is there even a thing?)
5) Things to watch out for if self installing

Thanks!!!

#5: While not shutters but on a recent experience with window blinds.
For all you need to measure make sure you know how the company will use your measurements. They may tell you edge to edge but make sure how the shutters will be made using your dimensions.

We ended up with a second complete set of blinds since they never told us they would subtract an additional 1/2" from the overall length we measured. Wife hated the original set since they placed the blinds way too short in between the sides. We had like a full 1" gap on each end....it looked like crap. We got the company on the phone, found out their production measurements short the blinds due to that's just what they do. At least they didn't fight over it. We got a complete second set, just took more wait time. Before you judge my tape measure skills. I measured EACH window opening top, middle, and bottom twice, just to be sure.

Interior shutters, no outdoor. But good idea if I still lived in FL or towards coast.