• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

iOS 11 update and impact on ballistic apps?

VanJoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2017
Jacksonville
I saw where the new iOS 11 came out in the last couple of days. Has anyone tried installing it yet on their iPhone and know the impact if any to the installed apps? Until getting this iPhone a few months ago I've always had android so am not too familiar with how much the upgrades break the existing apps. At least for the paid apps, I have Ballistic AE, Trasol, and iSnipe installed and don't want them to break. Figured I'd wait till the 1st set of iOS 11 patches get released in a few months before upgrading.

it usually doesnt affect them and if it isnt compliant it tells you when you open the app that it wont be compatible with future versions of ios. the developers (if they are worth a shit) also track this and will put updated versions in the apple store.

This is something that can be a bit of a pain. Essentially you can get the iPhone X and iOS 11 in the developer software. But there is a catch, you can only run simulations on what is provided you in this system. You cannot run the real deal, until they release the product. What you cannot do, is account for every variation or problem that can arise from different providers specific version of the software. Each cell phone company (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile etc.) actually have small variations of Android and iOS for their devices.

We are currently testing the next release of our AB Mobile app on the iPhone X and iOS 11 simulators Apple provided. Everything is working great, but you never really know until the final product releases.

Our next version of the app, should be iOS 11 ready we are already prepping the app for this. Our next generation of this app is designed for iOS 8.1 and newer.

This is something that can be a bit of a pain. Essentially you can get the iPhone X and iOS 11 in the developer software. But there is a catch, you can only run simulations on what is provided you in this system. You cannot run the real deal, until they release the product. What you cannot do, is account for every variation or problem that can arise from different providers specific version of the software. Each cell phone company (Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile etc.) actually have small variations of Android and iOS for their devices.

We are currently testing the next release of our AB Mobile app on the iPhone X and iOS 11 simulators Apple provided. Everything is working great, but you never really know until the final product releases.

Our next version of the app, should be iOS 11 ready we are already prepping the app for this. Our next generation of this app is designed for iOS 8.1 and newer.

Thanks for the info. I have about a 6 month old iPhone 7 running iOS 10.3.3. Seen yet or expecting anyone who upgrades to iOS 11 to have any issues with the version of AB that is currently available?

Thanks for the info. I have about a 6 month old iPhone 7 running iOS 10.3.3. Seen yet or expecting anyone who upgrades to iOS 11 to have any issues with the version of AB that is currently available?

We have no indication there will be any issues. We however have a new version already in the field, and ready to go out which has worked flawlessly on all the systems Apple has provided to test it on. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

We have no indication there will be any issues. We however have a new version already in the field, and ready to go out which has worked flawlessly on all the systems Apple has provided to test it on. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

My AB Mobile on ios 11 on a 7+ stopped working and I am shooting long range tomorrow. Thank god i checked tonight. I hope that this gets fixed soon. Luckily I have a dope card and other apps but this is my favorite. Thanks

My AB Mobile on ios 11 on a 7+ stopped working and I am shooting long range tomorrow. Thank god i checked tonight. I hope that this gets fixed soon. Luckily I have a dope card and other apps but this is my favorite. Thanks

I’ve been using it all week on my iPad with zero issue.

I don’t know if this is related, but I have noticed that ever since I upgraded to ios11 on my iPhone 7 my Sig Kilo2400ABS seems a little quirky seems like it takes for ever to synchronous now after making any changes to a gun profile and there were times the range finder would not provide any firing solutions or the solution would be some random crazy number that didn’t make sense.