• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Is DoD contract with Hornady for 6.5 Creedmoor causing the huge increase in new ammo????

charliebrown1999

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2018
I was thinking about building a AR10 in caliber 6.5 Creedmoor. Apparently the USSOCOM adoption of the 6.5 Creedmoor for its new MRGG-A and MRGG-S has doubled the cost of ammo. After checking the prices at Ammoseek , I have determined that although I can afford to build the gun, I cannot afford to shoot it. With rifle primers, rifle power and brass for the 6.5 Creedmoor being almost impossible to obtain, I cannot even reload for the cartridge. So, I am going to buy a complete upper in 6mmARC and use my AR15 Aero Precision lower and hope to shoot out to 1,000yds.

You may be unaware, but sources close to reality point out there has been a major shortage due to COVID, an election, and Sasquatch over the past 18 months.

By sacrificing 5 Vestal Virgins I was able to obtain brass, bullets, and powder (H4350) along with selling a few souls to the devil for a 6.5 Creed.

Also rumors report there are other Ammo suppliers beyond Hornady, but this is just a myth spread by the liberal media to cover up the lies and force you to get a covid shot.

You may be unaware, but sources close to reality point out there has been a major shortage due to COVID, an election, and Sasquatch over the past 18 months.

By sacrificing 5 Vestal Virgins I was able to obtain brass, bullets, and powder (H4350) along with selling a few souls to the devil for a 6.5 Creed.

Also rumors report there are other Ammo suppliers beyond Hornady, but this is just a myth spread by the liberal media to cover up the lies and force you to get a covid shot.
Yes!!! Prices are the direct reflection of the unvaccinated 😂

In stock and not double the old price
No, just close to 2x the “old price.” LOL. I was paying $26.99 per 20 at Academy sports for Hornady match 140gr eld-m before The panic...

I was thinking about building a AR10 in caliber 6.5 Creedmoor. Apparently the USSOCOM adoption of the 6.5 Creedmoor for its new MRGG-A and MRGG-S has doubled the cost of ammo. After checking the prices at Ammoseek , I have determined that although I can afford to build the gun, I cannot afford to shoot it. With rifle primers, rifle power and brass for the 6.5 Creedmoor being almost impossible to obtain, I cannot even reload for the cartridge. So, I am going to buy a complete upper in 6mmARC and use my AR15 Aero Precision lower and hope to shoot out to 1,000yds.
you find the 6 arc reloading component just as hard to find.. the creed and arc factory ammo trickle in slowly

Hey, I'd prefer to pay 1980s prices for shit too, but that's not realistic.

Reactions: rpoL98
I don't think any US contract is the main reason for the crazy prices.

It might be a portion of the problem... but I will point out there are a TON of new firearm owners every month.
And all of them want ammo... and they might not even realize how much they are paying, compared to pre-panic prices.

I miss the Trump Slump prices, or at the very least, the far better availability of products.

Source for the Vestal Virgins?
What did you get for your soul?

No, just close to 2x the “old price.” LOL. I was paying $26.99 per 20 at Academy sports for Hornady match 140gr eld-m before The panic...
Hell, I was paying $31.99/box at the local Atwood's 4 months ago. Went in every day and grabbed my one box allotment until it dried up. Pre-panic? $222.00/case shipped from Able's. Ah the good old days aka 2019! :LOL:

On the plus side, I walked into a small shooting range that I’m going to describe as “smokeless powder nirvana.” And, their prices were “normal.” Even with primers at $0.10 each, I can reload 6.5 creedmoor for less than $1 per round.

Also, because of the covid stimulus the interest on the national debt now exceeds DOD defense spending for the first time in history.

You may be confusing the words "debt" and "deficit." The national debt has for some time exceeded the entire GDP, public and private. And that doesn't even take into account future promises that have already been made.

Reactions: ourflat
I'm talking about just the interest. That we pay, for the debt we owe.
Thank you for clarifying--I didn't read carefully enough. The annual interest now exceeds the annual defense outlays? That's embarrassing and incredible at the same time.

On the plus side, I walked into a small shooting range that I’m going to describe as “smokeless powder nirvana.” And, their prices were “normal.” Even with primers at $0.10 each, I can reload 6.5 creedmoor for less than $1 per round.

Yes, reloading is good!

Frank

Reactions: camocorvette
Why would we see old prices ? The American way now a days is manipulate prices any way you can on every product. We are 2 years into Covid and still Ammo companies will not increase production by buying more equipment and or hiring more employees. Profit margin is unbelievable on ammo. Coming from a former MFG Supervisor at Federal. MD

Build your 6.5 acquire components and shoot.
The cost of ammo has doubled due to scarcity, rise in commoditie prices w/inflation. (stuff required to make stuff)

A socom contract is not going to sway the market. Any military contract for a caliber is going to benefit the community by product development, surplus sales and a few other things.

I don't have any Vestal Virgins.

Dammit.

Why would we see old prices ? The American way now a days is manipulate prices any way you can on every product. We are 2 years into Covid and still Ammo companies will not increase production by buying more equipment and or hiring more employees. Profit margin is unbelievable on ammo. Coming from a former MFG Supervisor at Federal. MD
Not from what I'm hearing...JSNS

They've been quite vocal that they are running the doors off the machines as much as they can to dish out the ammo.

The data support their position as well--they're producing more ammo than ever before and the shelves are empty.

So something like this?

CB2.jpg

Maybe I can contribute, since I previously came from industry side.

TLDR: No. That contract may in fact be beneficial to growing supply.

Long post:

Let's go through some publicly known facts.

- We know that it's very, VERY hard to get loans for anything related to firearms in this day and age.
- Workforce is either burned out or pretty much going on strike due to shitty wages/treatment
- Logistics shipping companies are tapped the fuck out.
- People are freaking the fuck out (due to mainstream media again) and hoarding the fuck out of shit

I can give people a look into issues that are popping up internally in the industry, without going into too much detail. (I can verify my employment if moderators require/request.)

- Take a look at gun companies and their glassdoor/linkedin/employee reviews. Because of the nature of the industry, these companies pretty much rely on hiring temporary employees with the promise of hiring after 6 months of no problems in the workplace. This is pretty much abused. One of a few articles on this matter.

- Government contracts are valuable, not because the "money" it brings in, but due to the higher chance of receiving a loan for equipment/material/expansion.

- What's most companies using the money from this shortage for? Storage. Yeah. That's fucking right, storage. Everyone is hampering about more machines or hiring more people, but space is what is coming back to major manufacturers. (Think of it like inventory space in video games, like inventory space was in Resident Evil 4.) Anyone ever see raw metals being shipped? That shit isn't small; I'm talking 12-24+ feet of steel/brass/aluminum. That shit needs space to sit AND space to be moved. Toss in the fact that decades of strict zoning laws and the explosion of luxury home development, and you can see the issue.

- "Fuck storage space, why not equipment?!" I know someone is going to say this, so I'll cut it short. If you have ever been inside of a manufacturing area that deals with metal and precision, that shit takes up space. AND if you are running ANY precision/heavy duty equipment, you're going to have to make sure the floor can withstand it.

I think the most important point, would really relate to my earlier point of people freaking the fuck out and hoarding.
- This is the age of computers and artificial intelligence. There's people that can write/code/script for programs/artificial intelligence to constantly refresh dealer sites and purchase shit-tons of popular items to mark them up. Look at graphics cards and how much the return on investment they get off of that. If there is a situation where supply is less than demand, these guys can capitalize on the situation due to the instantaneous speed of programs/AI.

I have been buying ammo online throughout the pandemic -- at least a dozen times -- with 6.5 creed moor prices ranging from $2 to 3.00. Mostly \$2 to 2.50. And price has been high throughout for 6.5 (not like other stuff is cheap -- can't get 30-30 and 30_06 is 1.75 to 2.

But a lot turns on what you want.

My gun eats 147 and 140 grain hornady. Guess who is most expensive. So i have been experimenting with some less expensive names. Just had some Sakko 140 grain that I love close in.

(Only experience shooting it is at 209 yards (as far as my back yard allows). Precision is excellent. doing 3/4 MOA with the round; now if I could only get that bullseye to move to where I am so precisely shooting....... )

Brought Sakko because it was the lowest price I could get for 140 and can't wait to take it out now that snow is about gone and see if things hold at distance. (got a 692 yard spot that is four wheeler from my house).

I have found the cheaper stuff I buy, even "good stuff" like Hornady but weighing in at 127 grain is worthless.

Between me and my rifle, when I use that round you would swear I had never seen a target before.

So for me the price pressure is now pretty grain specific.

Those little turny knobby looking things on the top and side of the scope are how you get your bullseye to move under the bullets.

Reactions: black max