• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Texas the place to be or not????

Reminds me of a story;

This old guy retired and was looking for a retirement home. He stops in an old out of the way gas station with an elderly owner. The retiree ask the old gentlemen what the people were like around here, saying he was looking for a place to retire. The old guy ask the retiree what they were like where he came from. "The are shitheads, unfriendly, rude assholes" The gentlemen said you'll find the people here the same way, just like where you came from, mean spirited folks, you'll fine no worse.

A while later, another retiree was also looking for a place to retire, he stopped by the same country gas station and ask the same question. What are people like around here, I'm looking for a retirement home. The old gentleman asked the same question, what are the people like where you came from. The retiree hangs his head, says that's the problem, they are great wonderful people, I hate to leave the area but I can't afford to live there on my pension. I'm hoping to find the same sort of people for my new neighbors. The old gentlemen looks him in the eye and says that's what we have here, friendly honest people, you'll find no better.

I've move around quite a bit in my 66 years on this earth and find that this story is quite true.

Amen brother. You hit that nail on the head. Home is where you hand your hat and your community is what you mak of it.
That story is something I will enjoy repeating.