• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

It took an act of Congress but my MP28 is finished

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    Finally received my approved form 1 for my MP28 semi-auto SBR. I had received approval for 3 other NFA builds while waiting on this one. I e-mailed the NFA and asked what was taking so long, has it been lost, as I had received 3 approved form 1's submitted after this one. They answered quickly and the nice lady I was talking to said there was some type of problem with the fingerprint card. Well, the fingerprint card was a digital copy and exactly the same as the cards in the three subsequently approved form 1's. She replied she wasn't sure what the problem was and would open a case on it and forward it to the person that handles these things. OK, I'll give it a week. After a week with no movement, I contacted my Congressmen; Senator Ted Cruz TX (R), and Representative A. Pfluger TX (R). The only thing I got back from Cruz was that my request for assistance had been received. However, the next day, i received a phone call from a staffer for Rep. Pfluger, asking for some more info and telling me they will contact the ATF. A couple days later (the 4th of July was in between), I received another phone call from the staffer saying the ATF had contacted her and sent her a form from me to sign which authorized them to release my tax information to her. I finally realized this was because the Form 1 involves a "Tax Stamp" and so required more red tape. I got another call from the staffer today saying the Form was approved and indeed, I had the approved form 1 in my e-mail. Still not exactly sure what the problem was with the fingerprint card was. I had submitted two form 1's at once, with 4 fingerprint cards and I think the cards got separated from the one application. Like who left the cocaine in the Whitehouse, this will remain one of life's unsolved mysteries.

My MP28

dscn6524-jpg.8085338

dscn6528-jpg.8085342

Last edited:
    Very cool.
    My father used the Lanchester sub-machinegun, an almost direct copy of the MP28 made by the British, when he was in the Royal New Zealand Navy.

Reactions: lash