• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Jack Ryan on Prime

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
Like Krasinski in 13 Hours and he is man enough to bone the chick from Sicario. Looks like it will be interesting. Really like the trailer, so that has lead to irrational expectations. Kind of like how the Punisher trailer on Netflix was AWESOME and the series was a let down at just really good.

What I really like is that is seems that they are getting back to the essence of "Jack Ryan'- he is a young, smart and capable guy who is unknown. HfRO Jack Ryan. Clancy screwed the pooch when he made Ryan VP.

I just turned it on while browsing through the new posts on here. Only 15 minutes in but seems decent so far. Usually takes a few episodes for me to decide if I like or not. We'll see.

Enjoying the series as well but it pisses me off that Hollywood is bent on influencing political opinion? Just make a good movie/series....

Reactions: tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW
Anything outside of a crappy Ayn Rand remake is going to be imperfect. Jack's story evolves and gets more texture. By the end he has a different perspective. No adaptation will be as bad as Sum of All Fears where the antagonists went from being arab terrorists to Russian neo-nazis. ugh.

Reactions: Fig
I thought it was pretty shitty until I realized " English audio description" was turned on in captioning.

Sadly no. It could've been Amazon gold if they'd gotten McNulty a cameo as one of the secret service agents. They wouldn't have had to even speak to each other, just a shot in a corridor where they're looking at each other Bunk thinking "the fuck you looking at" and McNulty's expression saying "what the fuck did I do?" Then they just walk off, collective heads would explode.

I'm writing to Amazon, they need to get cameo's going. I'm a Prime member dammit they need to listen to me.

Those French cops were portraied as some sort of suicide squad .

Greer a muslim ? only thing mising was Jack Ryan a fagot would fit well in Hollypedowood narative.

It was better of a character introduction than either Clear and Present Danger or Sum Of All Fears was.... regarding accuracy to the books. But there were still so many 'differences' and "directorial license" or whatever the pansy buzzword is.

Just stick to the story. They're good. They're what the people already want. The subtle hint of the accuracy of what I just said, is the MILLIONS of books sold. Ergo, the Millions of people who're going to be saying "this is wrong...."

Do things right, for once. You might just be rewarded, instead of ridiculed. By the masses, not your/their paid cronies.

I want to direct "Without Remorse". Cause believe me, it'd be both accurate AND gripping. The real people here would love it. (tactfully so,,,, of course)

Reactions: verdugo60
Without remorse was one of the best revenge books of all time. Hollywood couldn't get it right now though. A gritty mini series version through Netflix or Amazon would maybe work but not with this weak ass woke shit, even if it's more subtle than normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Limedust
And now, a review of 'Jack Ryan' by a woman who 1. uses every SWJ buzzword known to man (er, 'people'), and 2. clearly has never turned a page of a Ryanverse book.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...azon-tv-show-review-tom-clancy-john-krasinski
Wow. Did she even watch it? If anything I thought it was absurd how conflicted the CIA characters and ESPECIALLY the drone pilots were!!!! The whole storyline of the drone pilot going into Syria was absurd and so far fetched it’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I thought the series was pretty good. A few good "trade" phrases dropped in for good measure, and over all pretty well done. Some discrepancies were there, but not too badly done or overly obvious.

As to Greer being a Muslim...well, anyone remember Zero Dark Thirty, and the portrayal of one of the senior CIA officials being Muslim? When you want to catch a thief, it's best to hire a thief...

I thought the series was pretty good. A few good "trade" phrases dropped in for good measure, and over all pretty well done. Some discrepancies were there, but not too badly done or overly obvious.

As to Greer being a Muslim...well, anyone remember Zero Dark Thirty, and the portrayal of one of the senior CIA officials being Muslim? When you want to catch a thief, it's best to hire a thief...
He’s not even a real Muslim. He’s a convert and a non practicing one at that. It was a waste of storyline I thought

Yea...but...Admiral Greer! Kind of a central and recurring main character in the TC universe, and quite a bit of license to make him just a station chief and a convert Muslim! Where the fuck is James Earl Jones! That is Admiral Greer!

I think you guys are clinging to the original TC universe to tightly. This is just a story "based on the characters created by Tom Clancy". No need to over analyze it, just sit back and take in the story being told...it's entertainment.

I think you guys are clinging to the original TC universe to tightly. This is just a story "based on the characters created by Tom Clancy". No need to over analyze it, just sit back and take in the story being told...it's entertainment.

Marine, I hear what you're saying. That doesn't mean that I agree with what you're saying. Maybe I'm old fashioned, or maybe I'm maturely responsible. G/Sgt Carlos Hathcock was not a ballerina instructor, and that premise isn't entertaining, either.

My view is, if one is going to start with an established character and 'continue' a story or at the very least 'pictorialize' a story about them, then stick to what is already established as a character to begin with. Otherwise, invent a new name, new background, and new direction for the new character, and stop re-writing history (fiction OR non-fiction) and stick to that which millions of people ALREADY LIKE. Hence why his (Tom Clancy's) books sold so many copies, because WE ALL LIKED THEM THAT WAY.

Way I see it, if something is titled 'Robin Hood' but turns out to be 'Richard Simmons'.... there's a deeper problem. That is what I'm trying to/wanting to.... avoid.

I, for one, would much rather be watching 'Robin Hood'.

Reactions: truth
i finally finished it up a couple weeks ago. Was kinda hoping it would have been longer. Having shutoff my directv and doing internet only entertainment I was happy with it. Wasn't amazing, although it did have some really good parts, but was worth the watch. Will be watching the next installment if they do more.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Busenhalter-6 just put this on.... and this show is gayer than Freddie Mercury riding a unicorn into an Elton John Concert while sucking on Barney Frank's schlong during the screening of a Rock Hudson movie.

Holy crap on a cracker... how to destroy the Jack Ryan franchise in a single, stupid pay per... Amazon series?

WTF... the original movies, including Red October, were bad enough. But this crap?

Read the books. Screw the damn ripoff movies.

Sorry for holding back on my review... But if I really said what I thought, LL would ban me.

Sirhr

Busenhalter-6 just put this on.... and this show is gayer than Freddie Mercury riding a unicorn into an Elton John Concert while sucking on Barney Frank's schlong during the screening of a Rock Hudson movie.

Holy crap on a cracker... how to destroy the Jack Ryan franchise in a single, stupid pay per... Amazon series?

WTF... the original movies, including Red October, were bad enough. But this crap?

Read the books. Screw the damn ripoff movies.

Sorry for holding back on my review... But if I really said what I thought, LL would ban me.

Sirhr

When was the last time a movie based on a really good book lived up to expectations amigo? Based on your review I’ll have to spin back around for the book series?

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I got to the episode where the drone pilot went to Syria and quit in disgust. Between that ridiculous shit and aloha snack bar Greer I can’t hang...

When was the last time a movie based on a really good book lived up to expectations amigo? Based on your review I’ll have to spin back around for the book series?

Lord of the Rings (not the Hobbit). Game of Thrones. And I'm really hoping the Netflix LOTR series with a billion dollar budget will be good.

SJW themes and lack of depth have ruined far too many franchises lately like Star Wars etc.