• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Keep or return SWFA 1-6 x 24?

Nomad0001

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Greenville, SC
Just got this scope today (Fantastic speed & service on the purchase). Very solid feel and all the usual SWFA compliments. Thing is it has an ultra narrow lateral eye placement spot. Meaning that once you get to the sweet spot for the eye relief, if you move 1 millimeter to the left, it goes black; one millimeter to the right, it goes black. Never had this in a scope to this degree.

Problem is, if I mount it on the rifle (RRA R3 Competition) to test if I can live with this, I can't return it per their rules.

I can tell you guys that I just dabble in shooting, meaning my cheek weld is all over the place compared to an expert, so I can see myself searching for this ultra small perfect eye placement spot quite often, which seems to contradict the purpose of this scope (fast target acquisition).

What would you guys suggest ? ( Pls skip the smart remarks, I'm looking for some real advice on this $ 1,000.00 purchase)

I'd say if it's not perfect for what you want return it. There's way too many optics out there to not have what you really feel right using

I assume you have it on 6x when you find it sensitive. On 1x you should find it to be a lot more generous on head position. I briefly had the SWFA 1-6 and found it similar in eye box sensitivity to the other 1-6s I've had (Leupold Mk6 and Bushnell). Only thing it lacked was daylight bright illumination.