• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kestrel and Bushnell CONX connection issue?

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
I was playing with my new Bushnell CONX rangefinder and Kestrel from the kit. I can get them to connect to each other, but it seems like I have to have the rangefinder and the Kestrel right next to each other for them to connect? Really a cool feature, but not so much if you have to literally hold them together. Fresh batteries in both components.

Also, is there a way to connect a Kestrel, the rangefinder and a phone all at once? I can connect the rangefinder and my phone, or the range finder and the Kesrtrel. I was just wondering if you could have the kestrel in its wind vane on top of my spotting scope, the range finder with me measuring targets and my phone showing the data based on the ranges and the Kestrel data.

The bluetooth on the Conx rangefinder is a little iffy. That being said, I have more trouble keeping it connected to my phone than to my Kestrel.

It'll only connect to one device at a time.

When I had my ConX, I didn't have dropped connection problems using them within arms reach. And, if they did drop, it would reconnect automatically.

Not sure what is going on, but frustrating I am sure. And, yep, you can only connect to one thing at a time.

I'll do a more controlled test of range. I was thinking of the spotter using the rangefinder to get distance to send to the Kestrel with the shooter and using the Kestrel as a spotting scope for splash. At only 7 power, it isn't that useful for spotting, but better than nothing.

What are the best setting for use in lasing targets? I haven't cracked all the symbolology in the viewfinder.

I'll do a more controlled test of range. I was thinking of the spotter using the rangefinder to get distance to send to the Kestrel with the shooter and using the Kestrel as a spotting scope for splash. At only 7 power, it isn't that useful for spotting, but better than nothing.

What are the best setting for use in lasing targets? I haven't cracked all the symbolology in the viewfinder.

Give this video a look. A little long but pretty detailed

ConX/Kestrel Field Review