• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kudos for Imperial Wax

Luke

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 29, 2002
    Colorado
    Just used Imperial wax for the first time to resize a couple hundred pieces of brass. It was very fast, easy to use, and had zero problems with tight cases. Just a dab on your thumb and index finger is enough to coat half a dozen piece of brass and a light swipe across the top of the can and your good to go for another half dozen. You could easily resize a few thousand pieces of brass using just one little 2oz tin. If any of you are still using that crap RCBS stuff you need get yourself a tin of this stuff. I have a couple cans of OneShot sitting on bench but I don't forsee myself using them anytime soon...

519525.jpg

Re: Kudos for Imperial Wax

Imperial is all I've ever used. That tin will last a lot longer than for a few K.

Only thing I hate is wiping off the cases when I'm done, as I don't tumble every time...even though I know I should.

Write the date you first used it on the can. I am convinced one can will last a life time.

Its like it regenerates in the can!!
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Write the date you first used it on the can. I am convinced one can will last a life time.</div></div>

Then why do you need to write a date on it?
    laugh.gif

Just to show your friends when they dont believe it is 10 years old!!!

I switched about a year ago and never looked back. Yep one can does seem to last forever.

JeffVN

I got a little sample tin from Redding when they repaired my buddy's die with a stuck case. The sample was about the size of a quarter and probably lasted for 1500-2000 rds.

I ordered a couple tins of it awhile back. One would have been enough to last a long time.

It's good stuff.

It's all I use. And I'm still using the can I bought in 2006.

I got one can,good stuff,so i got 2 more.Let a buddy have one,still got a lifetime supply.

Wow i'd kill for sample cans LOL!!

Stuff is the best hands down

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgold</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imperial is all I've ever used. That tin will last a lot longer than for a few K.

Only thing I hate is wiping off the cases when I'm done, as I don't tumble every time...even though I know I should. </div></div> Yep have close to 10k on my can, got to love loading for prairie dogs!

I got tired of buying a new can of H-oneshot every couple weeks and also the occasional stuck case.Love that imperial.

Steve

You can get it from Midway USA or Sinclair

I too love Imperial. But, in experiments, I've learned that most any simular soft wax works as well.

Kiwi Neural shoe wax is good (colors work too but will die your fingers!). "Mink Oil" and "Snow-Prof" boot treatments from Walmart's shoe department, Johnson's Paste Floor Wax, some nursing mothers nipple balms and even "Chap-Stick" all work very well if used the same as Imperial. (So does Hornady's Unique)

Love the stuff - with the RCBS and similar products, I would always have nozzel problems before the bottle was done.

Hornady works, but considering you had to re-position the brass in some type of spread, its just and extra step Imperial eliminates. And its messy and inefficient.

I've been using Imperial wax for a longtime and have heard that Hornady's Unique is a better buy since it's cheaper for more, Thoughts? I like what works and the Redding wax works very well, never a stuck case and can size for wildcats with ease.

I also use the wax for a different use, I dissassemble my press about once a yr. and clean well and apply a light coat of Imperial wax to the ram, link pins etc. allow it to set for a while and then reassemble the press. It does not attract grime and dust as a wet lube does and makes the press smooth as baby's ass

But I may try Unique if someone suggest it has similer benifits
    also the idea of the boot grease(SNO-SEAL) is interesting. another great product too, warm boots in oven then apply cook some more and re-apply etc for about 3x and them boots don't take on water all winter

-2sigs