• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Labradar sale from email

Thanks for sharing this, just want to buy one.

Excellent price and worth every penny. I paid a lot more.

Drop 200 more and i'd play. Otherwise, I'm not really interested.

It's really worth it. Having used optical and owning a magneto speed atm I am selling the magneto and picking this up.

There are still people on here trying to sell used ones for that price or more haha. I'll just buy a new one then.

I have to admit over the last 4 years I thought Labradar would add more features and make more improvements beyond just adding bluetooth it should have had at release. It's not a bad product and it's certainly a great price. Just seems like in all the electronic innovation across products we've seen in the past 5 years they've been very stagnant. That said they are the only game in town, so not much to push them to improve.

Reactions: Newenglandwood
I have to admit over the last 4 years I thought Labradar would add more features and make more improvements beyond just adding bluetooth it should have had at release. It's not a bad product and it's certainly a great price. Just seems like in all the electronic innovation across products we've seen in the past 5 years they've been very stagnant. That said they are the only game in town, so not much to push them to improve.
Good point re lack of innovation - so, what new features would be good?

How about:
  • Internal battery pack in place of the almost-useless AA battery compartment (with ability to replace said pack)
  • A useful aiming mechanism in place of the pitiful little notch
  • Perhaps some enhanced software - my unit has about 200 series stored on its card and the syncing between unit and phone takes a slightly annoying amount of time (right, clean the card... really no need for all those series to be there)
  • Make on-board microphone sensitive enough to reliably trigger the unit with .22LR or suppressed firearms - however - I have learned that using my external microphone all the time is a Good Thing, as I typically play with more than one rifle in a session. It's far easier to move the microphone than the entire unit. Yesterday, the unit was stationary for both the 16" braked rifle and the 24" unbraked one.
I am very much a fan of the LabRadar. As I and many others have written often: there is a learning curve. People can get frustrated early on in that curve. For me, the return on time and $ investment has been more than worth it, even at the regular price. On sale? No brainer.

Internal rechargeable power with sufficient capacity is a good idea, so is the aiming device, and a better trigger for suppressors. But all of those have readily available aftermarket solutions. What I’d like in addition to those are things you can’t get anywhere else, like a more durable unit that can survive falling over (apparently they can’t now), and better user interface with more intuitive controls. As it is, using unit when prone, I have to prop on right elbow to press buttons on left side of unit, then prop on left elbow to push button on right side, then back and forth again. I haven’t tried the Bluetooth solution but have heard it’s disappointing for iPhone.

I haven’t tried the Bluetooth solution but have heard it’s disappointing for iPhone.
The Bluetooth app works fine on my iPhone 8. It's not terribly slick but it's vastly better than messing with the buttons, even with its propensity to drop the connection occasionally.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I hate doing the elbow dance. By the way, @wildmanpiet makes a recoil activated trigger for using with suppressor that is a vast improvement over the external mic. Highly recommended.

Drop 200 more and i'd play. Otherwise, I'm not really interested.

It's really not that bad. I guess it depends how much price varies.
Screenshot_20191102-093017_Google.jpg

I picked one up last year during the sale. I bought it through Brownells with a 10% off coupon and active junky cash back.