• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Leica 2800.com?

Conrad

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 28, 2006
    TX
    I have read the other threads with info on the RF but wanted a larger sample size for ranging ability.

What type of ranges are people consistently getting with the 2800.com and in what conditions?

Is 2000 yards off a tripod repeatable?

Thanks.

Depends on conditions and target reflectivity. Steel in cloudy or shady conditions I can get 1800 -2000 consistently. Sunny, reflective 1500-1700 on my personal 2800.com.

Direct sunlight, deer/elk etc 1200 or so depending.

The only thing consistent in the sun on non reflective stuff consistently in my experience @ 2k plus is my PLRF 10 or the older terrapin.PLRF 15.

Reactions: Diver160651
    Depends on conditions and target reflectivity. Steel in cloudy or shady conditions I can get 1800 -2000 consistently. Sunny, reflective 1500-1700 on my personal 2800.com.

Direct sunlight, deer/elk etc 1200 or so depending.

The only thing consistent in the sun on non reflective stuff consistently in my experience @ 2k plus is my PLRF 10 or the older terrapin.PLRF 15.

Please note that you are going to get people talking about returns very, very far on some of the new PLRF.. Yes, you'll get a return, but except some very special circumstances, you can not be absolutely positive of the actual item that the return is being read from.

Qualified feedback like above, from someone with a lot of experience using better controlled beams, rather than software to interpret the Gaussian return, is far more valuable than the max return distance people more often than not provide. I am 100% certain that most people do not truly know the weakness their PRLF has.. or focus on distance 99% of their true shooting distance will be.

Reactions: DetroitRearView