• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Leofoto 364 Tripod-Made in China?

DuneShoot

Canned SemiAuto
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2014
AZ
There are a few of these tripods on ebay for as low as $450 but they ship from China.
Are these made in China?

Yes, they are. I think the Feisol Elite 3372 is a better value but also made over seas.

Last edited:
Considering the price, good reviews, and my intended use I can live with that.

Hey - just some things to keep in mind. The Feisol is lighter and likely better constructed. The Feisol is made in Taiwan which does a very good job with Carbon Fiber. The Leofoto is made in China and will be heavier and likely not as well constructed in terms of the CF. The prices are generally comparable. I haven't personally used the Leofoto, so can't comment directly on it, other than knowing that it is heavier and made in China. I am happy to answer questions on the Feisols or RRS tripods which I have used.

Good info, thanks.
I'm not concerned with the weight so much, won't be carrying this very far. Leofoto is a little cheaper.
I liked the leofoto 364c due to it being more compatible with the RRS TA-3.
I thought I had read the Feisol needed a shim to get it to lock up tighter and not have the set screws damage the leveling base, which seemed easy enough to make.
I then read this link which used the parts I mentioned in post 3 and figured it'd be good enough for my needs:
https://accurateordnance.com/review-leofoto-tripod/

Would love a complete RRS set-up but for my needs it's not worth it.

I just bought a Leofoto LN-404c and Hog Saddle a couple of weeks ago. First, I try to avoid ALL Chinese junk if possible. But, after reading all the positive reviews from hard core camera/video guys, I decided to try one. I also wasn’t about to spend $1000+ for a comparable Euro made tripod that I may or may not use that often.

I’ll be damned if it isn’t a hell of a tripod. By the quality, you would never guess it is Chinese made. I’m not kidding, it is quality made and super heavy duty. The carbon fiber legs are as nice as anything I’ve handled. And I am one picky mofo when it comes to my tools. If it’s shit, it gets packed up and returned the same day I receive it. I’m no photographer, but I can’t imagine that a comparable Gitzo tripod is worth 2-3x as much. I can recommend the LN-404C without hesitation.

Hey - just some things to keep in mind. The Feisol is lighter and likely better constructed. The Feisol is made in Taiwan which does a very good job with Carbon Fiber. .

There are only two places I want to get carbon fiber products from.. The USA, especially for prototypes and boutique product lines or Taiwan. Especially if it is for mass produced items like bike frames, rims and other high stress stuff... Think of the tour,, 99% of that 15lbs stuff blasting down the high G turns or over the cobbles is from Taiwan..

I'lll be in China the next couple of weeks... but critical carbon products is not something on my radar.

LawnMM-I get your point and usually say the same thing when the items price is in the ball park or the quality is way higher. In this case the price is less than half and quality is high.
Plus Amazon gift cards take the cost WAY down.

LawnMM-I get your point and usually say the same thing when the items price is in the ball park or the quality is way higher. In this case the price is less than half and quality is high.
Plus Amazon gift cards take the cost WAY down.

When you started this thread you didn't know where they were made, so how are you so versed in the quality of the item?

Even if it's high quality Chinese whatever, it still not Made in USA. I'm not saying you have to buy American everything but if the US makes something equivalent or better, buy it here. Don't send your cash to a country that would love to see ours topple.

The quality is nowhere close, I promise. The humorous part is what people scoff at, price wise, in this sport. $1200 is a lot for a tripod. Granted. In the grand scheme of $5000 rifles, $3000 scopes, $2000 range finders, etc...it's not even one of the crazier priced items.

I asked because I saw a lower than normal price on ebay for one. It ships from China, so I asked.
I'm not versed in the quality, just read numerous reviews saying the quality is there.

I'm done explaining myself to you :) Plenty of other people ruining American by using these tripods that you can hassle.

I was really interested in getting a Leofoto 364 and pairing it with a RRS Anvil or something similar. Reviews seemed good and the price was definitely right. I ended up finding a used RRS 34L for like $800 on craigslist and jumped on it - initially against my better judgment. After lugging it around and putting it though it's paces at the SH Team Challenge, I couldn't be happier. Light, strong, dependable. Got a chance to see the Leofoto 364 at the Team Challenge, it didn't make it to the second day. Not sure what broke on it and I hope it was an extreme case but who knows. I definitely walked away from that with zero buyer's remorse.

Reactions: DuneShoot