• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leophoto Discount Code, Site-wide Sale

Couple of orders,

The legs are very good to pair with RRS heads, or if you want to save a few bucks, their inverted head is solid.

I think these are much better than the Sunwayfoto versions we see on the street

Reactions: YotaEer
Just got a Leofoto LS-364c and really like it. It’s nice.

Now I’m curious what the new models are.

Lowlight, thanks sir. I've been meaning to get a new tripod for a while. Made the decision easier.

Anybody have any luck finding one of the anvil type heads? The item number is something like ma-30L

I think it was too close, so there is 40 or something that is inverted and has the lever, it’s pretty solid as I have the knob version here, the lever one is what replaced it I think

Well shit...I already pre-ordered a new SA-403CX model back in April

Anyone know when they expect to start shipping new models?

The MD-30l looks like it’s a 3/8” mount so it should mount up to the new series that come with the MD-40 right?

Appreciate the hookup code

I didn't plan on spending any money on equipment but an SO-282CX looks like a nice light tripod for hunting. Will probably have no problem using it for matches too. Thanks for the discount code

I dont even know where to begin on selecting one of these
I’m not sure on the meaning of the prefix.
The three digit number is as follows, the first two numbers are the diameter in millimeters of the top leg section, the third number is the number of leg sections. That’s all I know.

I dont even know where to begin on selecting one of these
Me neither. It took me a while to figure out what the numbers mean as the above poster said. It seems like the less sections there is the less compact it is when collapsed. So I think it really depends on what you’re going to use it for and if you’re going to pack it around or not. I’ve read mixed reviews on the 32mm legs that makes me believe I’d want to go at least 36mm. Personally I’m looking at the new SA x series, specifically the 364c with the MD-40 head. Normally $629, like $479 with the code. It should be able to accept all standard heads with a 3/8” connection.

I’m not sure on the meaning of the prefix.
The three digit number is as follows, the first two numbers are the diameter in millimeters of the top leg section, the third number is the number of leg sections. That’s all I know.
LQ - Mr.Q series
LP - Poseidon series
LX - Urban series
LM - Summit series
LS - Ranger series
LN - Hiker series
LN - Armour series
LO - Mr.O series
SO - SOAR series

1715657542591.png

I had an LN 404C
Hiker Series 40mm legs, 4 sections, Carbon Fiber.

I've been using the SA-324C with the MA-40 head since last year and am happy with it. No issues supporting my heavier rifles.

That said, it seems that only the 36mm diameter models are in stock at this time.

One of the nice features of the MA-40 head is that the clamp can be used with both Picatinny and ARCA rails.

1715695615234.png

I’m determined to be poor here so been holding off on getting a tripod 🤣. But I jumped on the deal, I also know nothing about selecting but I picked up an open box tripod, head and the bino mount. Picked one with a weight rating that was rifle oriented and hoped for the best. The open box tripod was already discounted and the code still applied to it. Shipped within 12 hours of purchase too, so may have it by end of the week! Thank you Leofoto and @Lowlight

Reactions: Lowlight
I received my Demo (New Model) SA-404CLX+MA-40X a few weeks ago and have played with it around the shop and home with my BTX. This thing is stout! The head is about 70% in the quality dept compared to RRS, But using it side by side with my RRS tripod I can't find any flaws so far.

Do they still sell the MA-30 head? I can’t find it on their web sight.

I’m trying to decide between the MA-40 with the rapid lock feature, or the MG-40 with the knob or MH-50S which is a bit bulkier. My main usage will be at a gun range with a rifle or a spotting scope. I would probably get something lighter if I was hiking. Looking at the 36mm legs.

Do they still sell the MA-30 head? I can’t find it on their web sight.

I’m trying to decide between the MA-40 with the rapid lock feature, or the MG-40 with the knob or MH-50S which is a bit bulkier. My main usage will be at a gun range with a rifle or a spotting scope. I would probably get something lighter if I was hiking. Looking at the 36mm legs.
You can still find the MA-30. But keep in mind that the 40mm and 50mm will support more weight and be more rigid.

Reactions: KYAggie
I bought the MA-40X ball head on Thursday at noon. It delivered this morning.

About a pound lighter than the 55mm ball head I was using before and it holds just as well. Well worth the money.

I got the SO-362c last year, it’s a beast (very strong ). Couldn’t resist at the price of $320 on eBay even knowing where it’s made.
I paired it with the YB-75LR Leveling base, it has an arca and picatinny combined mount with a lever.
Since I’m in Florida the adjustment range is good enough, may not be enough if you use it in the mountains for some of you.

Is the anvil-30 worth 3x the cost vs the MA-40? I have a sunwayfoto XB-44 I bought on Black Friday a few years ago and it’s junk unless I’m expecting better performance than a tripod can realistically provide