• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 Rings Loose

sagillman

Private
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2010
Destin, FL
I just got my Savage 110 barreled action back from Chad at LRI. I put it in the XLR chassis to mount the scope, I go to put the mark 4 rings I got from a member on here and when I get the ring mounting nut tight (60 in/lbs)the whole ring will wiggle back and forwards. Both rings will do this, I tried them on 3 different AR15's and one other bolt gun and it does the same thing. the only rail it seemed to get tight on was the accessory rail on my evolution chassis. if this is an issue with the rings do you think Leupold will help?

ETA: the scope base is made by Ken Farrell

Last edited:
Well it's defiantly the rings, a buddy came over and brought a few of his scopes with the rings (Seekins, steel mk4's) attached and they all went on my rail just fine. looks like I got a bad set. I emailed Leupold but I'm not expecting anything out of it since I got them second hand.

Well it's defiantly the rings, a buddy came over and brought a few of his scopes with the rings (Seekins, steel mk4's) attached and they all went on my rail just fine. looks like I got a bad set. I emailed Leupold but I'm not expecting anything out of it since I got them second hand.
I know this post was a long time ago, but I just found a set of the same rings that I’m having the exact same problem with. Did leupold ever resolve the issue?