• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lift Kit Ford excursion

Tactical one

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Central, USA
Looking for a lift for my ford excursion. Who makes the best quality lift? Looking 3" to 4". Want good ride and run 33ish tires.

Re: Lift Kit Ford excursion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ICON or Rubicon Express... </div></div>

Never had an ICON kit...

But had 2 Rubicon Express kits and they are outstanding.

Not sure if KORE makes one or not. That would be top of the list.

Rubicon Express, or maybe BDS.

FYI, there are "lift kits" and "suspensions" there is a huge difference in ride quality and price.

I had a KORE on my last Dodge and it was a night and day improvement over the stock ride.

Looks like ICON and BDS may them for for fords. I will scope them out.
Thanks

You may just want to check and see if any custom shops will do it for you unless you want to do it yourself as business for the automotive industry sucks hard right now and deals can be made just to keep employees working. If you will do it yourself most kits are blocks or add a leafs. That is the cheap and poor way to go. The best is to have a set of springs made or have yours re-arced and the main leaf changed out.

You will need to get lengthened shocks and if you are actually going to use it get a very good set of bump stops. As for the front they depending you will need a few brackets and a lengthened control bar. Don't skimp as this can snap (seen people try to sleeve and weld them).

Make sure you are using NEW grade 8 hardware also. Most race shops can fab up new braided stainless brake lines also.

Using a lot of air tools and brute friggin force I have done full installs, mount and balance new tires, bleed brakes, and program for new tires in about 4 1/2 hours. YMMV
smile.gif

Talked to a guy today and the best deal is tayloring a lift like you want and not just buying shit off the shelf, so thanks for your help. He also indicated that the excursions usually lift 2" more than the superdutys. So a 4" on a superduty would be like a 6" on the excursion. A leveling kit with a rear block would be like a 4" lift.

Always avoid the blocks. They are just a lever and fulcrum of broken parts unless it is one of those "street 4X4's" if you know what I mean. You can pick them out because they have umpteen million shocks on the front that make them drive like it has no suspension at all because you combine all the dampening into one over valved bracket breakers.

Just remember, once you go up be sure and check that your driveline still has more that an inch of splines engaged in the driveline slip joint. Otherwise at the worst possible time your diveline could strip those splines. To prevent that you need to make sure to retube your drive shaft a little longer.

Your best bet to fit 33s is with factory ford springs. X codes I believe up front an v codes in the rear. Check out the Powersroke nation and talk to a guy that goes buy OBSWIZ. He will set you up right and he does custom valvfing of some shock specifically for the Ex, since they weight is different than the superdutys.

Cognito makes a very good lift as does Rize industries.