• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightweight .260 mag fed hunting rifle

SRSDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Northern CO
I'm looking for a lightweight factory .260 hunting rifle, that has a magazine. The tikka sporter looks nice, but is a little heavy for hunting.

Ideally looking for something that has a mag from the factory, instead of bolting all kinds of 3rd party bits together to get a mag fed rifle. I won't rule it out though...

Re: Lightweight .260 mag fed hunting rifle

I got an e-mail from Euro Optics saying they will be able to submit orders for RH Tikka T3 Hunter/Lite in .260 in Spring of 2013.

I believe Savage has a .260 with a detachable mag system as well.

Savage has the predator max 1 in 260 now along with the long range hunter. It has a small dbm. Other than that they have some lighter ones in the light weight hunter but no dbm.

Pick up a Winchester Featherweight or compact FW and check the boards for the take off DBM's minor if any fitting with them. I would check with SAC for the work and he may even have them in. The FN TBM's are just out so people may be selling the older 4round DBM. Flush fit and quiet.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryodlsl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sako Finnlight </div></div>
The Sako Finnlight is an excellent choice. Tikka also makes excellent rifles for the money. Or, rebarrel a Rem 788.

How bout pick up a used rifle with a pinned or integral lug and dbm and have a light contour barrel chambered for it and now you got a rig to run and gun and a light wt hunting rifle with everything mag release bolt handle/angle all in the same place,feel, etc