• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

literal Highway robbery

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Recently I drove to Cleveland OH from Virginia. I was on the Penn. Turnpike for a total of 171 miles each way and the roads were terrible, pot holes you could lose a Volkswagen in til spring. .

I just go the E Toll for that trip.

$56.70. That highway robbery. Even the NJ Turnpike isnt that high.

Fuck the State of Pa. Ill never set foot there again and Im ordering some of those camera blockers asap.

1643314716117.png

At least in PA the toll roads have nice clean restrooms.

Can’t speak for that half as I never drive on it but the other half is usually pretty well maintained.

My wife was recently in Orlando, rented a car. She apparently missed a tollway where she could pay herself, and they just mail the toll to the car rental place, it was $1. The rental place charged a $9.99 service fee. I know it's not the same form of highway robbery that you experienced, but it still irritated the shit out of me.

Branden

I drove through Colorado on the toll road with bikes on the back of the car. Drove through again with a uhaul trailer. They tracked me down through uhaul the second time. Never got me for the first trip.

Reactions: Maggot
    PA turnpike is the most expensive toll road in America. Tolls for semi trucks are about $.50 per mile with an ez-pass. My company pays us the miles around it. Better in our pockets than to pay for that shitty road.

I hate the interstate agreement where your home state won’t renew your registration if you have unpaid out of state tickets. Like an unfair ticket that you have to go to court to fight after you’ve returned home.

Reactions: winniedonkey
    About 15-20 years ago I pulled a utility trailer across the Golden Gate bridge in the frisco area.
    I think it was like $16 for that 1.5-2 mile bridge crossing.
    They charge by the axle and the trailer had 2 axles.
    I don't even want to think what it would cost now.

We did a motorcycle trip and went through several of the tolls where they send you the toll fees. After a couple months I didn't get anything in the mail. Talking to a friend and he had the same thing happen. All I can figure is that the placement of the tag is far enough under the tour pack that they can't get a picture of it.

My wife was recently in Orlando, rented a car. She apparently missed a tollway where she could pay herself, and they just mail the toll to the car rental place, it was $1. The rental place charged a $9.99 service fee. I know it's not the same form of highway robbery that you experienced, but it still irritated the shit out of me.

Branden
    Fuck the Florida turnpike. We went to Orlando one night while I was TDY in cocoa beach. Paid the toll the on ramp, fucking camera took my picture and they mailed me a fine!!!! Not once, but twice in the same night

Last edited:
    • Sad
    Be very careful if you are not getting notifications of tolls. Colorado and other states has a long history of racking up fees and penalties that would choke a horse for unpaid tolls……

Fuck the Florida turnpike. We went to Orlando one night from while I was TDY in cocoa beach. Paid the toll the on ramp, fucking camera took my picture and they mailed me a fine!!!! Not once, but twice in the same night
    My wife and I honeymooned in Disney (cause hawaii sucks right?), then drove from Orlando to Daytona so we could get a flight out on a Friday. I swear we had to stop every other mile to pay a toll. This was 2003, so cameras were only for catching people that didn't pay at all, smart phones weren't even invented yet, and car gps' were expensive, so we used a paper map we bought at a gas station.

Branden

• Haha
    Reactions: roostercogburn98

I had a $2? toll cost me close to $75 when it was all said and done, surcharges and penalties and whatever else from the state and rental company. Ez-pass worked fine from NY to DC and back to NY, but one tunnel in MD(?) didn't read it and cost me more than all of them put together.

I check the little box to avoid toll roads in the gps.

Thank God there's so little population here that nobody will ever build a toll road.

@Short-bus
    Reading a paper map is a lifesaving skill that most people can’t fathom. I keep a US road map in my vehicle still. It drives my kids crazy when I can tell them where to go with no GPS
    I always carry a paper atlas because one day the sats are going to fail and if Im 2000 miles from home I want to know how to get there. I 40 will get close but if you have to transverse the NE corridor Id rather kiss my ass good bye than make a wrong turn and end up in NYShitty.

George Carlin used to complain about NJ, the "tollbooth state." Said you could never make any time in the damn place since you were always having to stop to pay tolls. Said it would be better to just leave a blank check when you enter and sign it when you leave, LOL.

I bypassed downtown Denver on their "turnpike" going from I-70 to I-25...was about a 20 mile trip at most each way (did it coming back too), so 40 miles tops.

Got a bill for $36+ about a month later.

Going across I-90 in New York they put in all electronic tolling took out all the toll boths. Big signs keep going we will bill you for those that don't have an ez-pass. The Sunday after Thanksgiving it was a complete shit show. Traffic backed up, scene at least 3 rear-end collisions. All right around the electronic toll sights. People were stopping at them.
    Funny thing about the George Washington Bridge is it cost nothing to go from NY to NJ but NJ into NY is a huge fee.

Be very careful if you are not getting notifications of tolls. Colorado and other states has a long history of racking up fees and penalties that would choke a horse for unpaid tolls……
    I kept getting toll tickets in the mail for a compact car, I drive a truck. They had the same license plate. I called and told the lady it wasn’t me “well it’s a .... description of my truck” well it’s a silver subcompact car, and I’ve used a toll road maybe twice in my life. “Well it come back to you” what’s a good email? I’ll take a selfie with my truck plate in view.

“Disregard the tickets” morons.

Recently I drove to Cleveland OH from Virginia. I was on the Penn. Turnpike for a total of 171 miles each way and the roads were terrible, pot holes you could lose a Volkswagen in til spring. .

I just go the E Toll for that trip.

$56.70. That highway robbery. Even the NJ Turnpike isnt that high.

Fuck the State of Pa. Ill never set foot there again and Im ordering some of those camera blockers asap.

View attachment 7794961

Welcome to Cleveland, home of the Cleveland Guardians baseball team.....vomit.

Branden

I have Sunpass, but we ocassionaly rent to travel. Since pay by plate became a thing, I never stop. Enterprise has always charged me the exact toll.

Welcome to Cleveland, home of the Cleveland Guardians baseball team.....vomit.
    So they changed the name. Washington is working on theirs but I havent heard the outcome.

The DC Traitors would be appropriate.

Reactions: AngryKoala
    coming back to va from colo elk hunting on I-80 in my f250 seems most of the abundant tolls were doubled due to the weight of the truck. expensive trip, not to mention the fuel costs.

coming back to va from colo elk hunting on I-80 in my f250 seems most of the abundant tolls were doubled due to the weight of the truck. expensive trip, not to mention the fuel costs.
    They have scales at the toll plaza? I've never heard of tolls based on weight, but I know they charge more for every extra axle. I've got a kayak trailer, that when "fully loaded" (two kayaks) weighs less than 1,000#, but I get charged more than double what the normal toll is for two axles.

Im tellin ya, gotta get you boys some sovereign citizen license plates. Really stick it to the man.

“I’m not driving I’m traveling, fuckin road pirates “
    Much like with every other corporate law that is enforced on the people as if it was real the enforcers have been conditioned to believe that it applies to all.

The PA turnpike has such high tolls because once upon a time they decided to fund a large part of the road repairs through tolls, and had plans to turn interstate 80 into a toll road. The Feds shot that down, so now the turnpike is on the hook for something like $450 mil per year.

And I swear after living in PA for the past 13 years, they have the slowest road construction in the world