• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

LMT 308 MWS with a STAR stamp

Dynamic Response

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
Illinois
I was cleaning my LMT 308 MWS today and noticed that a little STAR is stamped inside the barrel extension. I tried looking it up and can't find any info on this.

Anybody know why this star is there or what it means? Do all LMT rifles have this Star stamp?

Any info is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 51
Usually something like that is a proof mark. The barrel may have been one of the batch that was tested to prove the barrel met spec, and the process was still in spec.

I seen a post on another forum talking about the LMT MRP 5.56 and it said they did a special barrel run and those barrels where marked with a star in the barrel extension.

I don't know what the special run was or what they changed. And can't find anything pertaining to the LMT 308 MWS

I just check both my MWS manufactured this year (2013) and my MRP manufactured last year (2012) and they both have the same star proof...interesting, I never noticed this before.

AvsFan:confused:

Springfield Armory "star gauged" their sporter and match barrels than punched a "turtle" on the muzzle.

Probably not what the LMT star means.

Nero post.

Anymore to this?

My LMT MWS 16" CL barrel also has the star mark (build date April 2014).

It would be nice to get a definite answer from LMT. I'll send Gene an email and let you guys know when I get an answer.

It's prob something simple like it was inspected or test fired etc. but still very curious.