• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Lmt 6.5 creed barrel won’t fit

Tonsofguns

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2017
Northern Va
Picked up a used Lmt bartlein 6.5 barrel on the hide last year.
Didn’t find out who worked on it, but I tried it in two Lmt uppers and it does not seem to fit. It seems to thick to fit.
Very odd because the previous seller said it shot moa or less. Not sure how he made it fit. I tried on a quad and M-LOK upper.
I can’t seem to find the original seller but if you are out there contact me please. Maybe it wasn’t meant for mws chassis.
Any recommend smith or work that would need to be done?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 906A2315-753C-448D-9FE1-5FA7CD60193E.jpeg
    906A2315-753C-448D-9FE1-5FA7CD60193E.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 66F8AE71-A441-4FC8-A14D-D73EA68BC8D5.jpeg
    66F8AE71-A441-4FC8-A14D-D73EA68BC8D5.jpeg
    657.8 KB · Views: 121
I wonder if this new barrel is a thermal fit type barrel. Where the oem isn’t
Well usually it’s the receiver that is designed for the thermal fit but you are probably on the right track. Put some heat to the upper receiver and see what happens

Reactions: Tonsofguns
The oddest thing is the gas block and tube, looking at it. I owned a couple lmt mws rifle, with 6.5 and 308 barrels both had straight gas tubes and the gas blocks were longer. It looks like there is a different gas block/ tube combo on your barrel.

I knew there was something jacked up about that barrel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200904-160249_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200904-160249_Samsung Internet.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 97
Try contacting d.willson mfg. He performs barrel conversions on the LMT platform. Currently the website only mentions the MRP. But there have been posts on facebook about conversions for the MWS.

http://www.dwilsonmfg.com/LMT-MRP-Barrel-Conversion_p_12.html

This service includes the conversion of any off the shelf AR15 barrel to work in a Lewis Machine and Tool MRP upper.
You will need to supply:
  • AR15 barrel (any length, any caliber)
    • MRP upper
    • Cross Bolts

I'd second tono's suggestion. I've had dwilson mfg do some work on an SR-25 and recently replaced an lwrci m-6g barrel I shot out. I have a spare lmt gas tube that I can send you that will Atleast get you started in the right direction 🤙pm me if you want it.

Semper fi
Horner

Reactions: jetmd