• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors LMT VBS SUPPRESSOR 308

I’ve been looking at that one too.
I’m currently running a SureFire SOCOM on my MWS and I’m pretty happy with it.
I find the focus on reducing back pressure and bolt velocity appealing.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Same, I think a lot of consumers are wising up and waiting till the results are in.

Well just checked back for curiosity’s sake ....nothing new I see so far, I saw this awhile back and never posted, so here that is FWIW:

I’ll look around the net to see if I can find more at this date in circulation.

Additional article not so new, but informative to their system’s suppressors:

There’s more out there so I’ll just this as is for now. Probably nothing new.

Last edited:
I mean it is literally 2-3x heavier than competitors which are already extremely durable. Heck even the rugged cans survived belt fed and weigh 1/2 that. I just cannot think of a reason for them to be so damn heavy. Maybe meter numbers will come out and show some amazing results, but I don't think that will be the case.

Damn.... That’s heavy!
Where did you find those numbers?
Weights are conspicuously absent from the LMT website and I didn’t find anything with a cursory web search.
My SureFire SOCOM RC is 19.5 ounces, plus a few more for the mount. That’s about as heavy as I’d want to go. Adding an additional 3/4 of a pound to the end of the barrel is a non starter. I don’t care how well it performs.

I mean it is literally 2-3x heavier than competitors which are already extremely durable. Heck even the rugged cans survived belt fed and weigh 1/2 that. I just cannot think of a reason for them to be so damn heavy. Maybe meter numbers will come out and show some amazing results, but I don't think that will be the case.

My guess is that it is built even stronger than the Rugged. The Rugged will sustain belt fire, but for what number of rounds and how often? The LMT was designed/built by request by the military. I am guessing that their suppressors will be required to handle more rounds than the Rugged is capable of.

I mean sure, probably? The rugged has several testings showing MULTIPLE belts of 7.62x51 off a M240. I cannot imagine the kind of unrealistic schedule they'd need to justify that weight for the extra rounds on the LMT. Maybe if the belt feds were .300 Norma (but they went .338 instead). Vehicle mounted is about the only thing I can see these being good for. But as far as I can tell these are being sold to use on regular rifles instead? Probably "muh overmatch."

Either way I don't see many (or any) civilian sales in their future short of some spectacular metering feat which I doubt is coming. Not sure if they care about civi sales for these though. I'd guess no.

"The rugged has several testings showing MULTIPLE belts of 7.62x51 off a M240" Yes, but how many? What condition is the can in after? What's left to the baffles? What is suppression rating after the demo? How many demos can it do?

Theres a difference between a demo and sustained use in war.

Last edited:
Barrel Harmonics - Accuracy, Consistency Changes via Suppressor Weight (LMT VBS)

I have been interested in distance shooting for 20 years. Finally bought an entry level platform to actually practice my marksmanship.

I purchased a 7.62/.308 'LMT MWS MLK Battle Rifle' (13.5" CL barrel with pinned LMT flash hider (OAL-16")) as well as a 6.5 creedmoor 20" 5R SS barrel.

I have been looking into LMT's LLNL VBS suppressor and, like many others who've looked into this product, can't find any real world usage/applications. The only things I can surmise are:

1). Its a heavy can (36-42oz I believe)
2). It supposedly keeps the gun cycling at consistent rate relative to unsuppressed (reduces back-pressure from fancy LLNL engineering)
--------
*What I am wondering is: as a general rule of thumb, does extra weight at the end of [any barrel] aid in accuracy and/or consistency at distance (600-1000yd)? I have heard a little bit about barrel harmonics/nodes et al. but don't claim to be any sort of proficient source - I'm trying to understand why LLNL/LMT would make the VBS can so dang heavy! Then I had this hypothesis that the extra weight could reduce barrel 'whip' and that may be why they produced this beast.
--------
(I understand the VBS's weight was most likely also built to perform for very extended full-auto fire with minimal need to clean and maximized shape retention).

So for all the people that have way more experience/expertise than me I'm wondering if weight at tip of a barrel helps increase accuracy and/or consistency - or am I reaching on that 'hypothesis?'
It is absolutely not to reduce harmonics. Adding weight to the end increases harmonics, bench rest guys have shot big tuners for a long time the idea being not that they an reduce harmonics but to control the predictability of harmonics. As others have noted hanging 5 shake weights off the end of your barrel absolutely will effect shot size. Even just putting a magentospeed which is a strap strap and a piece of rubber on the barrel has noticeable effects on groups at just 100 yards (this is well documented on the internet and hide)

Although I can’t really answer your question of why, I do own the 5.56 version of this can. Although a tiny bit lighter than the .308 version it also is a heavy silencer. However it sits back over the barrel about 3 to 4 inches so it isn’t as front heavy as you would think. I can say though that it is the only 5.56 can I have ever shot that is comfortable with no ear pro for multiple shots. I have several and I do not shoot any other suppressor on a 5.56 without ear pro.