• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Load Data for 6.5mm 153.5gr Hybrid-Target

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    Just looking for a good starting point for my SW4350 powder.
    Anybody with any Start/Max recommendations for this or equivalent heavy target bullet in a 6.5-CM using any 4350 powder ... feel free to share.
    I'll definitely start low, and ladder up.
    Thanks!
    IMG_4183.jpg

What brass?

Hodgdon and SW have load data for 147ELDM and 150SMK, presumably with Hornady brass for both. Both 147ELDM and 150SMK will be close as far as pressure and a starting load. Since you're just starting out I would encourage you to do a simple single shot ladder from a safe load until you see pressure signs, then begin the load development. I'd probably start at 38.0gr and work up in .2gr increments; max will probably be around 42.0gr.

Last edited:
    What brass?

Hodgdon and SW have load data for 147ELDM and 150SMK, presumably with Hornady brass for both. Both 147ELDM and 150SMK will be close as far as pressure and a starting load. Since you're just starting out I would encourage you to do a simple single shot ladder from a safe load until you see pressure signs, then begin the load development. I'd probably start at 38.0gr and work up in .2gr increments; max will probably be around 42.0gr.
    Hornady ... recovered from first shots in factory 147gr ELD-M.

I run this bullet in my 6.5 Creed. Here is what I settled on:
    Lapua SRP brass
    CCI450 primer
    40.3 gr H4350

In my 26" barrel I get 2700 fps.

Reactions: alcap