• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

LOL!! So, tactical lever gun is a thing now?

i dont have a problem with it..... 45-70 has better terminal ballistics than any of the gas ass shit ARs come chambered in....fuck not even the military has faith in 5.56 anymore....not to mention it suppresses better than 5.56

M-lock and rail space is a good addition for red dots and IR..

the only real opposition any really has is because they cant handle the recoil and are nostalgic for an era they never lived in.
wrong, military is doing what they always do; trying to turn a piece of cheese into a turkey dinner

5.56 is fine

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
wrong, military is doing what they always do; trying to turn a piece of cheese into a turkey dinner

5.56 is fine
Indeed the whole high-pressure 6.8mm round and firearms projects are an absolute shitshow.

Tactical lever gun
I selected the Chiappa 1892 Alaskan Takedown in .44 Magnum.
Working a lever can be pretty quick, so I kept it quick by adding a red dot sight. Now I can get on target as quick as I can with my AR. That red dot being forward keeps the easy one handed carry lever guns are so famous for. Adding a light means critters (or bad guys) can't hide from me in the dark. There's an extra reload on the ammo card mounted to the stock so I can grab it and go with 20 rounds of .44 mag. (30 with another ammo card in my pocket.) Plus... it's a takedown, so it travels real easy.

My Combat Cowboy Carbine.

View attachment 8203417

View attachment 8203418

View attachment 8203420
Love it! I've got the earlier Alaskan rail with only 3 slots but it's a good rifle. I'm doing something very similar are soon as I get a minute to sit down and do it. Tempted to also put a side sling mount off the rail as I don't understand why the they didn't put a front sling swivel.

Scrummy

Love it! I've got the earlier Alaskan rail with only 3 slots but it's a good rifle. I'm doing something very similar are soon as I get a minute to sit down and do it. Tempted to also put a side sling mount off the rail as I don't understand why the they didn't put a front sling swivel.

Scrummy
I wish they had one too. Wouldn't be all that hard I'd think to put one on the forearm or forearm cap.
(seeing as you can't clamp anything to the tube on a take-down)
Got one coming in .357 (all black) so that caliber will have a Takedown like the .44 mag.

I'm in for one of these in 30-30 when they are available next year.
Already have a JM in 45-70

If the Marlins had been available, maybe. I'm pretty happy with my Henrys though, 30-30 and 45-70. They're definitely not as tacti-cool, but the threaded barrel is all I really wanted. I'm 199 days into the wait for the can for the 45-70. :mad:

Probably already posted this pic of my 30-30. It's impressively quiet with Fed. PP 170 gr.

wrik8KN.jpg

I wish they had one too. Wouldn't be all that hard I'd think to put one on the forearm or forearm cap.
(seeing as you can't clamp anything to the tube on a take-down)
Got one coming in .357 (all black) so that caliber will have a Takedown like the .44 mag.
Annoying isn't it?

The Wildlands has one but apparently that cap won't fit on an Alaskan forend :(

1699810196071.png

Think that was an oversight.

Scrummy

Just picked up a Ruger Marlin guide gun for my sons Christmas.

Thankfully he appreciates the classic styling vs tactical so my stomach contents are safe for the moment. But to each their own.

The true crime against nature is inline muzzleloaders.That churns my stomach.

Some “men” have no direction or honor so they emulate guys who play dress up

Like when that 5’4” white guy was the Last Samurai.
TOP GUN Samurai... he'll have you know.

Sirhr

PS. 5'4" is tall for a Samurai. Those nips weren't destined for basketball, ya know!

Some “men” have no direction or honor so they emulate guys who play dress up

Like when that 5’4” white guy was the Last Samurai.
that is yet another thing that makes me laugh.....actors.

most these folks have done NOTHING in their lives.....their major accomplishment is PRETENDING to be soldiers, police, firemen, on and on. and the public showers them with fame and fortune. the reality is the vast majority of them havent done shit.

i will exclude comedians from ^ that statement. most those folks fought tooth and claw polishing themselves. they are different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Game Wardens in my area would call that a nice setup for spotlighting deer and give you a written invitation to talk to a Judge.
Your game warden sounds like a dick. Around here, they can fuck right off with that noise.

Your game warden sounds like a dick. Around here, they can fuck right off with that noise.
I'm my experience, most are. I have a good friend who's actually a gold and silver dealer now who i get my silver and gold from, but he was a game Warden for 25 years (DNR in SC). Awesome guy, but he's the exception and I got to know quite a few of them running a Marina on a large lake as a kid. Most seem to love giving hunters and fishermen a hard time in my experience. I would not be out hunting with a rifle that has a light on it.

I'm my experience, most are. I have a good friend who's actually a gold and silver dealer now who i get my silver and gold from, but he was a game Warden for 25 years (DNR in SC). Awesome guy, but he's the exception and I got to know quite a few of them running a Marina on a large lake as a kid. Most seem to love giving hunters and fishermen a hard time in my experience. I would not be out hunting with a rifle that has a light on it.
Perfectly legal to hunt pigs, and coyotes, and exotics at night with artificial light.

Absolutely true.

I have a Henry .45-70 for a bear gun. Just bought a new box of HSM 430 grain hard cast. $66 for 20.
Those HSM 430's are stout. I just picked up a Marlin Trapper and shot a few of those through it. They're extremely accurate and leave no question at all that you're sending some serious heat down range when you light one off.

Reactions: Soulezoo