• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Training Courses Long range shooting class recommendations!!

DKing11316

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2017
Florida
New to PRS shooting in South Florida. Looking to get into some long-range instructional classes. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the recommendation. The core facility looks awesome going to give them a try in December.

Where are you from?

Impact Tactical - Rob and I are working on our 2018 class dates soon.

Follow us at Impact Tactical on FB

Awesome I’ll have my wife look you up on Facebook. Do you guys keep that updated with all the course offerings and dates?

Give us a shot....South Florida Gun School. We are the oldest firearms academy in Florida. I have been teaching long range precision rifle for over 40 yrs. I am a veteran Marine PMI. Call me at 1-561-715-7198. I teach at two ranges in South Florida, Altair Training Solutions in Immokalee and Hollywood Tactical in Lakeport. I have AAR reports on here and you can google me. My name is Bob.

Can you explain the reason for this curious requirement:

Sure, we provide guns and ammo. We teach long range hunting in MOA using ballistic rangefinder and solutions. Reading wind based on mirage spread and velocity angle and holding for wind it's all done in teams, having everyone on the same ballistics and unit of measurement is easier for all. Clients can stay and shoot private firearms after class as far as they want.

Give us a shot....South Florida Gun School. We are the oldest firearms academy in Florida. I have been teaching long range precision rifle for over 40 yrs. I am a veteran Marine PMI. Call me at 1-561-715-7198. I teach at two ranges in South Florida, Altair Training Solutions in Immokalee and Hollywood Tactical in Lakeport. I have AAR reports on here and you can google me. My name is Bob.

Nice, I'll make an effort to drive up to one of those when I'm back in Dade County visiting the folks.

If you are interested in PRS shooting and want to train with the highest ranked PRS shooter's at the nicest and most complete facility in the country we would love to have you for a course. First rate lodging is included in our course fees and our instructors are the most diversifed in the country as well - highest ranked civilians, special operations, and law enforcement. Check us out and do plenty of research before you choose just anyone.
https://kmprecisionrifletraining.com/

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xlmd89o7Ttc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Went to K&M as a guest this past Thursday... man what a facility. I will be taking a class over there. The movers were a blast.. literally! Thanks for the replies boys!

I just shot the gap grind there a couple weeks ago, also did the competition prep course with Shannon. It is an amazing facility and have amazing instructors. Any course you take is well worth the money.

There is a long range precision class on the Nov 25th and 26th at Bradford sportsman farm in Stark Fl. Joshua Harris is teaching it his email [email protected]. phone 231-360-8980
$300 for weekend.Josh is a aerial gunner for the Coast Guard with a lot of training behind the glass.

DKing - glad you can make it and will be joining us! Let me know f you have any questions. Shannon

We run our 1000 yard LRP courses out of Lewistown Pennsylvania, look us up on the web, Instagram, or Facebook. Great 1000 yard beginner / intermediate courses which touch on every aspect of shooting from scope set up and operation, unknown distance ranging, hold overs, team drills, intro to PRS obstacles, night shooting, moving target engagement, and more. Relax atmosphere, military and LE operated, BBQ at firing line, top Shooter award, free lodging, evening fire and cocktails at the firing line, prize giveaways and more
Feel free to call me seven days a week from 9 AM to 9 PM if you have any questions.
www.GhostFirearmsTraining.com

Mile High Shooting in Denver, CO just launched a training division. Their instructors have some serious pedigree. Our own Frank Galli is one of the instructors.

In case you are still looking, check out Florida Firearms Training (www.floridafirearmstraining.com). Great crew. I have taken several courses of theirs and just took their First Long Range Rifle Couse this month. There are a total of 3 Courses if you want to take them all. It was my first PRS experience and course. Learned lots in 2 days and got to 500 Yards (range limit) with multiple hits. Plan on taking the 2nd and 3rd course. They are great instructors IMO. The courses are in Okeechobee Shooting Center which is about 2 hours from Fort Lauderdale. They also offer private lessons if you want to go that route for any of their classes.

The CORE and KM Precision Rifle Training sites look awesome. I am going to have to give them a try in 2018. Personally, I am a big believer in taking training from multiple facilities and instructors.

Hello, not sure if you're looking to travel but this is a shout out for Brian Whalen out of Colorado, who's a former SOF sniper instructor and a hell of a guy in general.

He runs his own business - Colorado Precision Rifle and offers courses here: https://cprifle.com/pages/calendar

He also trains for Thunder Beast and JP Enterprises out of Douglas, WY and Logan, NM (Blue Steel Ranch) and both are beautiful venues that'll take you out as far as you're able.

Anyone know of any good classes in the North Carolina region?

Come out to Frontline defense in Warrenton. Paul teaches a class. It has quickly become the best range in NC.

Looking for training classes in San Jose California area. Will take any recommendations. Thank you in advance

Looking for training classes in San Jose California area. Will take any recommendations. Thank you in advance
Get ahold of LMS DEFENSE. They have long range courses in your area. Precision Rifle 1, and Precision Rifle 2 courses are run out at Sac Valley. Advanced and private classes are run out on a 2,500 acre ranch about 70 miles southeast of Hollister,CA.

Dan Flowers is thier longrange guru. He has a long resume and has been teaching civilians and .mil guys, including tier 1 groups, for almost 30 years.

Gentlemen,
Any advanced courses in Texas or near (OK, NM, CO, AZ and etc) in July / August ?

Yes, make sure to post feedback!
So...
The course is highly recommended for those who love shooting and mountains. As I had to cancel my trip to the Himalayas this fall, that was the perfect chance to combine 2 my hobbies. Lol
A lot of unconventional shooting positions, almost nothing in the prone position, angle is around 10-25 (you can get more if needed) up to 1500+ yards range, a small group (five shooters), 2 instructors (well known here) plus the best attitude to us on the part of the landlords (many thanks to Jack). It’s if briefly.

Attachments

• AA5AD2AE-8AC3-4D1B-A41F-DAEE64EA86E4.jpeg
    AA5AD2AE-8AC3-4D1B-A41F-DAEE64EA86E4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • B73EB832-3919-4FC4-B34D-8833EAFA56B1.jpeg
    B73EB832-3919-4FC4-B34D-8833EAFA56B1.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 98
  • D65F4036-0CAE-4FC7-9498-AE3434F714A0.jpeg
    D65F4036-0CAE-4FC7-9498-AE3434F714A0.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 96