• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lowell Bailey Biathlon 20k World Champion!

TorF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2003
Norway
Today Lowell Bailey beat all the big stars and is the 2017 20k World Champion!

This is also the first gold medal ever for USA in biathlon.

Congrats to Lowell and the US Biathlon Team!

After the norwegian favourite failed to down the last taget and was out of the game, Lowell arrived at the last shooting. Lowell also had to hit all 5 targets to stay in contention in front of a Czeck competitor. He did! He then had to ski 4km and started with a 10sec lead. At 18km the lead was down to 0.1sec.. Absoloutly everybody were cheering him on. He crossed the line at 20km 3.4sec in front and won the gold medal!

Biathlon is up there with alpine skiing in Europe and app 100 million people watched Lowell win live. Compare that to other shooting events.

Video from Norwegian TV:

These guys and gals are unbelievably good shooters. I can't hit a 1' square sheet of paper after carrying my rifle 10' to the firing. But I'm 76 so maybe that's the difference. Wayne

Here's the full race in English from Eurosport. This is a "must see" to understand how great a victory this is. Lowell is beyond doubt 2017 US Shooter Of The Year:

:

Last edited: