• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors LWRC Six8 Suppressor Recommendation

BamaSE

Chairborne Squad Commander
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Dothan, Alabama
Seeking input on a suppressor that functions well on an LWRC Six8 with a 16” barrel. I have been using an AAC 762 SDN, but looking to add a new can and feedback from folks who have real world night time thermal hog hunting experience will be most helpful. The round I typically use is a Hornady 110 VMAX, and occasionally 120 grain SST. My primary considerations in my next purchase will be:
1) accuracy. I am open to QD or direct thread.
2) weight. The 762 SDN functions well but is heavy.
3) decibel reduction. I wear ear protection either way but my hunting buddies and neighbors will be appreciative for toning it down as much as possible.
Thanks in advance BamaSE

I run a TBAC 30PSS on my 12.5" 6.8, works great for hunting, takes the edge off for a few shots and keeps the rig compact.

If I were to get a new one, TBAC Ultra 5 or 7 depending on how important length is.

Edit; I'm shooting a standard DI build with ARP barrel.

Last edited:
I run a DeadAir SandmanS and K(with flash hider endcap) on my 16" ARP 6.8 build, the S obviously sounds better, but both preform how they are intended to. On my 12.5" 6.8spc I run a SiCo Omega and I have no complaints. IMO the DA has a deeper better sounding tone than the SiCo.

My CB7 works well on mine but causes over gas symptoms even with the piston system, beats brass up pretty bad and throws it 1-2 o'clock position, after speaking with LWRC it was common with TB cans.

Running my direct thread SAS can symptoms are still there just not near as bad and I opted to run it even though it was a heavier stainless can. Accuracy was the same between the two.

Limited sample but I'm giving the dead air on shot on my next purchase pre than likely.

My CB7 works well on mine but causes over gas symptoms even with the piston system, beats brass up pretty bad and throws it 1-2 o'clock position, after speaking with LWRC it was common with TB cans.

Running my direct thread SAS can symptoms are still there just not near as bad and I opted to run it even though it was a heavier stainless can. Accuracy was the same between the two.

Limited sample but I'm giving the dead air on shot on my next purchase pre than likely.
Thanks for responding. One thing good about the AAC 762 SDN 6 I am currently running is it does cycle well. And accuracy is fair enough.....at least “minute of pig”. Just heavy, especially with a thermal strapped on.

I run a TBAC 30PSS on my 12.5" 6.8, works great for hunting, takes the edge off for a few shots and keeps the rig compact.

If I were to get a new one, TBAC Ultra 5 or 7 depending on how important length is.

Edit; I'm shooting a standard DI build with ARP barrel.
Looked up the Ultra 7 and looks like a contender, thanks

Last edited:
Depending on your rate of fire that you want. I would look at the new Surefire 300 Ti. Or you can always go with the bulletproof 762RC2 or 762 mini.

Best all around option would be the Dead Air Nomad with Keymo mount and .30cal flash hider end cap. Lower back pressure than most others, shorter than most others, lighter than most others, and the best mount system out there.

CGS's Hyperion QD will be out soon, but we haven't seen metering on that yet.

Best all around option would be the Dead Air Nomad with Keymo mount and .30cal flash hider end cap. Lower back pressure than most others, shorter than most others, lighter than most others, and the best mount system out there.

CGS's Hyperion QD will be out soon, but we haven't seen metering on that yet.
Thanks, someone else mentioned this setup to me as well

I run a Sig Sauer 7.62 QD Titanium on my 6.8's I have two different setups that are almost identical. One for night one for day. I put a QD mount on both then I can swap the can between the two rifles in a matter of about 20 seconds. Never had any noticeable impact shift taking it off and putting it back on the same two rifles. In an open field the Sig is really quite to me, in the woods I can hear the poop a little more. I still wear electronic ear muffs no matter what, and don't have decibel meter to check it. Could probably get away without it, but I never take the chance. I have a Dead air Nomad in jail, should be out in a couple months, looking forward to comparing it to the Sig on the same rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaSE
Thanks for all the input. I narrowed it down to the Q Thunder Chicken and TBAC Ultra 7. Plans are to move forward with both.

4 year old resurrection..

Did the LWRCI 68 self regulating piston function reliably when suppressed?