• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Man, this getting old thing...............

I feel your pain.

I just played basketball with my daughter this afternoon and my hip feels like it has a hot knife in it.

Up until 6 years ago I lifted and exercised religiously. I could bench over 400 and squat way more.

I don’t even look at weights without hurting these days. Ha.

Doc says new hip coming soon.

Reactions: 10ring'r
kidneys ? i was shocked to find out my lower back pain was not my lower back at all just a kidney infection with no other symptoms
also went through a few years back a really what I though was just pneumonia was actually blood clots stuck in the valves of the heart stopping them from closing properly and that I had a serious heart attack and never knew it sneaky little bastards .

Last edited:
It wouldn't be so bad, if I had done something, but fuck.................all I did was go to sleep. I can just imagine the VA Doc, "what did you do"? Me: Go to bed. Now I'm all fucked up! Yeah, right.

you would be surprised stuff you did 10 years ago how it could catch up to you without you ever knowing it did until its too late .

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
See that's the thing. My memory is going along with my back. I sold my boat Tuesday.....I think it was Tuesday. I helped the guy get the motor back on it, rolled out of barn by hand. So by Thursday my back is bothering me. Immediately I think oh crap, the cancer done got me!
I was trying to work on packing up for moving, just couldn't make it far. I told my wife I need to get the doctor to check me out thorough, I think my kidneys is crapping out. My back is really bothering me.
Wife: You think you are dieing, instead of maybe pulled a muscle moving that boat?
Me: "Oh yeah, forgot about that."

Muscle relaxer is working so she may be right.....but I'm not ruling anything out ?

ah those things will make you find god fast . have seen grown men crying on the ground unable to pass them . aka a man giving birth through his privates all the things young people have to look forward to when getting old , oh sciatic nerve pain is another good one . sorry this post should be named things to look forward to when getting old post .

Went to bed one night and when I woke up I couldn't bend my knee. Don't know why. Took a couple of weeks to get back to normal.

I am in the same boat. I worked on the car Tuesday and woke up Wednesday with back pain. Lucky as I am, it turned out to be sciatica. The pain is unbearable at times. I haven't slept for 2 days because I can't get comfortable. I am currently on my 4th hot tatty and beginning to feel better.

See that's the thing. My memory is going along with my back. I sold my boat Tuesday.....I think it was Tuesday. I helped the guy get the motor back on it, rolled out of barn by hand. So by Thursday my back is bothering me. Immediately I think oh crap, the cancer done got me!
I was trying to work on packing up for moving, just couldn't make it far. I told my wife I need to get the doctor to check me out thorough, I think my kidneys is crapping out. My back is really bothering me.
Wife: You think you are dieing, instead of maybe pulled a muscle moving that boat?

Muscle relaxer is working so she may be right.....but I'm not ruling anything out ?

Soma? They help me.

I am in the same boat. I worked on the car Tuesday and woke up Wednesday with back pain. Lucky as I am, it turned out to be sciatica. The pain is unbearable at times. I haven't slept for 2 days because I can't get comfortable. I am currently on my 4th hot tatty and beginning to feel better.

Sounds like a herniated disc...L 4 or L5? You gotta get flat until the swelling goes down. Ibuprofen helps but take it with a meal.

That's just it, I have no idea what the hell I did to hurt it. It's not the first time, or even the first body part! I just got done with an MRI on my knee, and they can't find anything wrong with it, other than a bit of arthritis. I think I'm in pretty good shape for my age, and I'm pretty active. I'm not the guy to just sit around, I'm always out doing something!
hlee, I had a chainsaw kick back on me one time, about 7-8 years ago, and pull something in my elbow, took about 9-10 months to get over that!
I don't mind being fucked up, as long as I did something to deserve it, this just getting fucked up for no reason is bullshit!

That's just it, I have no idea what the hell I did to hurt it. It's not the first time, or even the first body part! I just got done with an MRI on my knee, and they can't find anything wrong with it, other than a bit of arthritis. I think I'm in pretty good shape for my age, and I'm pretty active. I'm not the guy to just sit around, I'm always out doing something!
hlee, I had a chainsaw kick back on me one time, about 7-8 years ago, and pull something in my elbow, took about 9-10 months to get over that!
I don't mind being fucked up, as long as I did something to deserve it, this just getting fucked up for no reason is bullshit!

Ok I'll try to help...
Let's start simple.
Do you know what year it is?
Do you know who is President?

?

Seriously, I hope you get better soon.

70 was the turning point for me. My Dad used to say he felt better in his 70's than his 60's, because he finally realized he wasn't 20 anymore. I guess I'm a slow learner, because I feel like crap.
Lol! A few years ago I was in a guitar shop checking shit out, and there were some old guys in there talking guitars. I was kinda listening to there conversation as I was browsing the wares. Anyway I can't remember exactly what brought it up, but I made the comment that there was a huge difference between 20 and 40 years old. I will never forget the oldest fellow looking at me, and saying "Wait until you see the difference between 40 and 70"! Talk about a downer!

Sounds like a herniated disc...L 4 or L5? You gotta get flat until the swelling goes down. Ibuprofen helps but take it with a meal.
Thanks! The pain is in my hip and goes down the front of my thigh. I can sit with some relief. When the pain hits, the leg gives way. I have been taking ibuprofen and that helps.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Thanks! The pain is in my hip and goes down the front of my thigh. I can sit with some relief. When the pain hits, the leg gives way. I have been taking ibuprofen and that helps.
Sounds exactly like what I had a month or so ago.....took a couple of weeks to get better. I was saddling a colt, she moved a step as I swung the saddle up, so I 'reached' with the saddle.

You dirty sumbitches already got me diagnosed, but I ain't going down like that! Well, I might............................, but I'm gonna give it 10-12 beers, and some copenhagen before I give in!

Fuck it, come on down to East TX weekend after next. Riding around in my jeep is like getting worked on by a very talented chiropractor. We'll get it figured out.

If not, there's always plenty of Whiskey and beer.

Yep, going in for double fusion in March myself. Back pain sucks the big D and I don't mean Dallas.

Reactions: oneshot86
An old guy I worked for said he thought he was coming down with the flu. He said the cure is.....
1. Grab a bottle Wild Turkey 101
2. Take a swig
3. wait 10 minutes and repeat until you can't raise up

He added"if you feel bad the next morning.....at least you have a reason to"
Words to live by!

ah those things will make you find god fast . have seen grown men crying on the ground unable to pass them . aka a man giving birth through his privates all the things young people have to look forward to when getting old , oh sciatic nerve pain is another good one . sorry this post should be named things to look forward to when getting old post .

Dad had one early last year.. when he went to the doctor, they wanted to have a sample... he pissed that gravel right in the cup. Walked back and handed it to the nurse and said, "I think it took care of itself"!

Kidney stones hurt like hell....

Last time I was in the ER for kidney stones, my nurse said she has given birth three times, and has had multiple kidney stones herself. She told me kidney stones were much more painful then giving birth....

Last time I was in the ER for kidney stones, my nurse said she has given birth three times, and has had multiple kidney stones herself. She told me kidney stones were much more painful then giving birth....
Of all the different pain that I’ve had in my life, my first kidney stone was by far the worst. Went to emergency.......Dilaudid kinda pain. :eek:

I have a serious tolerance for pain meds. Not that I take them all that much, just a natural tolerance. They end up putting me on a ketamine drip to get me under control. Sucks ass. Fuck kidney stones.

Shoot had five back surgeries before I turned thirty, best advice I have is stay flexible. I lift daily and hit the bags at least a few times a week but believe it or not Yoga has been the best thing. I know yoga is for young hipsters but believe me it’s a great workout and the scenery is usually well above average.

I feel your pain. My lower back feels like it's been tied in knots for a couple years now. Nothing like wearing full kit to do it. I'm currently battling double crush syndrome. My left arm and hand along with my neck are all affected. I am on a profile and treated like I have the plague. I don't shy away from work. I just have a lot of appointments. With surgery in the near future. The army will use and abuse you till you aren't worth a damn....

Reactions: jrassy
Like a lot of you, I often get serious pain for what seems like no reason. But today I was out in the barn airing up a tire then turned quickly and caught a tooth on the backhoe bucket square in the ribs. Tonight I know exactly why it hurts to move, breathe or cough.

funny my doctor keep calling for a full upper and lower gi and the only thing I hear is "god have i been that bad that I deserve that" . I know your out for the procedure but its mentally scarring to an already fragile little mind and the doctor only laughs when I promise to be as much of pain to deal with lol . That must be how a dog getting fixed feels .

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Tweaked my neck last week or so.... now I got mild numbness going down my left arm to my left index finger. Tried to do some prone shooting today. NOPE. Got 10-12 rounds off and my neck said no-mo

I don't know what the hell I did, but I get up this morning with a "catch" or something in my lower back. Just a dull throbbing pain, and if I move just right it's like being stabbed with an ice pick! WTF?
Remember when we were young, dumb, full of cum, ten feet tall and BULLETPROOF?!?....without the alcohol?

You ain't the only one here that thinks like that, bro. I tend to be quite pessimistic when it comes to shit that is unknown or not experienced previously. Several times I had wrenched a muscle at work without knowing, or maybe felt a brief, temporary but painful nerve spasm somewhere and immediately came to the worst possible conclusions. Shit, ain't my first rodeo, LOL... It is a good trait to have though. Sometimes I DO catch things that somebody who is not hypervigilant will miss or delay, like my mother's stroke.

funny my doctor keep calling for a full upper and lower gi and the only thing I hear is "god have i been that bad that I deserve that" . I know your out for the procedure but its mentally scarring to an already fragile little mind and the doctor only laughs when I promise to be as much of pain to deal with lol . That must be how a dog getting fixed feels .
It ain’t no big thing, get it done. Other than having crotch crisco/swamp ass and having to Hiroshima fart right in front of a cute, female nurse when you’re done. They say “Oh, I’ve seen it all before, let er rip”. Uh huh, that makes the world of difference :rolleyes:
(Holding it until you get to the car is not really an option......?).

Every 2 or 3 days I wake up in the morning with something hurting with no direct cause.

It’s as if my nervous system says it’s time for a random signal test - so it just picks a spot to make it hurt for a day. I’ll limp all day or feel like my back is F’d up all day, or my knee or hip or whatever.... go to bed and it’s “fixed” in the morning because there wasn’t anything actually wrong with it to begin with. I’ve given up trying to find “the cause”, and just work through it the best I can.