• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Marlin 917 in synthetic stock fitted to a Marlin 880SQ Walnut stock.

Shooter_Mc_Gavin

Minuteman
Dec 16, 2013
Thibodaux, La
www.artactical.net
Didn't know if it was going to be hard but numrich had the 880SQ stocks for $49 and it took about 3 or 4 dial caliper measurements and 3 different grades of sandpaper but it works. The hardest part was picking out a can of spray Minwax at Wally world.

Marlin_917-17hmr_fitted_880SQ_stock_001.jpg

Marlin_917-17hmr_fitted_880SQ_stock_002.jpg

Marlin_917-17hmr_fitted_880SQ_stock_003.jpg

I assume your 880 stock was for a thin bbl? 880 SQ'S came with plastic stocks with a hvy bbl channel. I also had to get longer action screws and a metal trigger guard.

No the stock came for the heavy barrel, I bought it from Numrich it was a special for $49.99 only place I had to sand and fit was for the trigger area because the 880SQ didn't have the adjustable trigger housing like the 917 I have does.