• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Money guys, splain me, is this total B/S or what?

What I was referring to was never about the boathouse many refer to. The crux of the shot to me was about the ambush/s and who in the shot was paying very close attention & reacting to detail, based upon 2 of them working against each other in the past per the script.

Yup...& 2nd time the character uses coffee in his points too...

Not even so much bullets and firepower. Most people are good people. I always go back to that book we talked about a few months ago, the guy in Yugoslavia.

Sure there will be a need to defend what you have, but after that initial "mess", things will calm down. If you make it past the city people doing what they always do, you will be pretty good. Silver will be of no value, a can of spam will be of great value. You can't eat the silver. You can't drink the gold. If everyone is in that same boat, and all the gold and silver is not really worth anything.

Lets say it is cold wet and rainy. Would you rather have that silver coin or a bic disposable lighter.

Even "us" people that live out in the country what do we do? Who do you let into your circle. That is a really hard question. You say that is easy family. Ok just what is that. My kid and his wife. What about her family. You going to turn them away. Some of them bring nothing to the table, not even muscle to do basic jobs. Say ok you can come but you can't. You let the dad in but not the mom.....yea let me know how that all works.

And if you think you are going to weather this all alone with your dog, or few dogs. You are an idiot. Sure you might be able to keep 10-20 of the unwashed masses away, but for how long. You are going to need to sleep sooner or later. And unless you have a bunker they will get in. And if you are locked in there, just how much can you keep in your "storm shelter". If they want you out those unwashed masses might just go Dirty Dozen on your in your hole.

I do agree with you however, silver will be worthless. If people are hungry he will not be able to buy that can of spam with a pocket of silver.
yup, the other part that stuck out to..
2nd oldest profession
If you're a pimp, people will pay, it might be a can of corn beef hash; but someone will be selling and someone won't be taking ownership.

I think it was Selco in Argentina? Can't remember exactly...

Anyway, in the breakdown, what did have value was junk silver and gold/silver jewelry etc. Because the problem is always - I have a chicken that you want but I don't need your firewood. Small "farmers markets" or "swap meets" sprung up organically, and some 'medium of exchange' was needed. It can't be some piece of paper with a number on it, it has to be something physical and tangible. Metals have served that purpose for just about forever.

I think it was Selco in Argentina? Can't remember exactly...

Anyway, in the breakdown, what did have value was junk silver and gold/silver jewelry etc. Because the problem is always - I have a chicken that you want but I don't need your firewood. Small "farmers markets" or "swap meets" sprung up organically, and some 'medium of exchange' was needed.

That is literally why "money" in it's various forms became a thing.
Always has been, always will be.

You go back 5000 years ago and yep you'll find some kind of "money".

Not even so much bullets and firepower. Most people are good people. I always go back to that book we talked about a few months ago, the guy in Yugoslavia.

Sure there will be a need to defend what you have, but after that initial "mess", things will calm down. If you make it past the city people doing what they always do, you will be pretty good. Silver will be of no value, a can of spam will be of great value. You can't eat the silver. You can't drink the gold. If everyone is in that same boat, and all the gold and silver is not really worth anything.

Lets say it is cold wet and rainy. Would you rather have that silver coin or a bic disposable lighter.

Even "us" people that live out in the country what do we do? Who do you let into your circle. That is a really hard question. You say that is easy family. Ok just what is that. My kid and his wife. What about her family. You going to turn them away. Some of them bring nothing to the table, not even muscle to do basic jobs. Say ok you can come but you can't. You let the dad in but not the mom.....yea let me know how that all works.

And if you think you are going to weather this all alone with your dog, or few dogs. You are an idiot. Sure you might be able to keep 10-20 of the unwashed masses away, but for how long. You are going to need to sleep sooner or later. And unless you have a bunker they will get in. And if you are locked in there, just how much can you keep in your "storm shelter". If they want you out those unwashed masses might just go Dirty Dozen on your in your hole.

I do agree with you however, silver will be worthless. If people are hungry he will not be able to buy that can of spam with a pocket of silver.
I am considering something like this........I already have a few flame throwers

daily_gifdump_4528_18-3.gif

I’m all in on that, some serious Mad Max shit right there

Happy earth day!

I have had this discussion with a guy at work, what would happen if the SHTF. I told him IMO if you go outside your home with a gun a lot of people would be like, What are you going to do shoot me.
If you go outside and blip a flame from a flame thrower, they are going to run away screaming like a little girl. No one wants to be set on fire.

I have had this discussion with a guy at work, what would happen if the SHTF. I told him IMO if you go outside your home with a gun a lot of people would be like, What are you going to do shoot me.
If you go outside and blip a flame from a flame thrower, they are going to run away screaming like a little girl. No one wants to be set on fire.

well, except this guy…

man-dies-after-setting-himself-on-fire-outside-courthouse-where-trump-is-on-trial.jpg

I don't think that question is as hard as you might think. The Yugoslavia guy's main point was that survival was in numbers. I don't think it will be as much a question of who to "let in" but more one of "how can we find more to let in". No one is going to mess with a tribe of 15-20 armed people.
I think everyone brings something to the table, even if its just numbers. If you know someone, and can trust them not to sell you out for their own gain, then its welcome aboard! Go stand in front of the veggie garden with this 12 ga.

Unless you're related (and even then...) and really really close you will not find a group of 15 armed people where someone won't rat someone out under right circumstances. Human nature never changes. As for the "Selco" guy, Yugo example is pretty poor in terms of real end of the world chaos as it was etno-crimesyndicate civil war where system pretty much functioned albeit more in terms of .gov sponsored armed gangs controlling places and looting around than true free for all. Same will be in any chaos situation as criminals are already ganged up and all that standard preppers will be is the "new age walmart" and most of them hoarding stuff today will be dead within a week of true chaos. Check Haiti out what happens in true chaos. You stay put you die, you gang up with ~10 of your friends you die because there will be a gang of 11 or 20 or 30 or 60. What will Mexican cartel do if there is suddenly no government up North where be Teslas Raptors and free pussy??

Unless you're related (and even then...) and really really close you will not find a group of 15 armed people where someone won't rat someone out under right circumstances. Human nature never changes. As for the "Selco" guy, Yugo example is pretty poor in terms of real end of the world chaos as it was etno-crimesyndicate civil war where system pretty much functioned albeit more in terms of .gov sponsored armed gangs controlling places and looting around than true free for all. Same will be in any chaos situation as criminals are already ganged up and all that standard preppers will be is the "new age walmart" and most of them hoarding stuff today will be dead within a week of true chaos. Check Haiti out what happens in true chaos. You stay put you die, you gang up with ~10 of your friends you die because there will be a gang of 11 or 20 or 30 or 60. What will Mexican cartel do if there is suddenly no government up North where be Teslas Raptors and free pussy??
So then what's your plan?? moving from place to place sure isn't a great idea so lets hear the "final solution"

I offer no solutions for total
chaos scenario. Move, scavenge be not attached to stuff, keep hidden dispersed caches and learn to live like a wild animal and accept that if you get injured or seriously ill you’ll die. The value of life in such system would depreciate vastly to a degree most people can’t fathom. You can try forming fancy community with wind/solar self sufficient farming armed soldiers but that in it self sets you up
for defeat as that is luxury that makes you soft and some Mexican cartel once they discover you and resources will simply kill and pillage everything…
But above scenario is unlikely more likely at least for you guys is two/three party civil war with racial undertone and some form of tyrannical control/setup. You will be
more in danger from failing nuke power plants than bullets or knives.

I offer no solutions for total
chaos scenario. Move, scavenge be not attached to stuff, keep hidden dispersed caches and learn to live like a wild animal and accept that if you get injured or seriously ill you’ll die. The value of life in such system would depreciate vastly to a degree most people can’t fathom. You can try forming fancy community with wind/solar self sufficient farming armed soldiers but that in it self sets you up
for defeat as that is luxury that makes you soft and some Mexican cartel once they discover you and resources will simply kill and pillage everything…
But above scenario is unlikely more likely at least for you guys is two/three party civil war with racial undertone and some form of tyrannical control/setup. You will be
more in danger from failing nuke power plants than bullets or knives.
No one can.

There are innumerable ways a collapse can & will turn out. Could be total collapse, including failure of rule of law. Could be decades of slip sliding economic failures (see Great Depression).

Most likely SHTF, as always, is at the individual/family level. Financial/Health/Housing/career/divorce etc etc.

Not "glamorous", simply factual.

One thing is sure there will be no fat people in about 2 months of such an event...
Which reminds me, where be that recipe.... :)

Reactions: Camelfilter
Hmm i prefer dark meat..oh wait that didn't come out right right? :)

All jokes aside i think we're in one hell of a ride this year. "May you live in interesting times" indeed.

Hmm i prefer dark meat..oh wait that didn't come out right right? :)

All jokes aside i think we're in one hell of a ride this year. "May you live in interesting times" indeed.
Yes indeed, but its not like most will get what they voted or fell for. Sad part is those of us who tried to tell the dipshits what their choices would led to, never heeded those warnings. So now we may get to make our point in a different manner, one they will not have issue understanding or have a choice in, at all. While they were playing what they thought was chess, in reality was just an advanced game of checkers. Many are about to learn a hard life reality lesson, about the perception of wealth, vs the real thing.

Question do you have, or can you locate a Ham radio radio operator near you?

Last edited: