• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Funny story time. This happened at the second Merc dealer I worked at. Customer brought in an ‘03 SL500 with a complaint that the convertible top didn’t work properly. This car has a folding hardtop that only had a few problems when they were new/under warranty. One of those was a cable operated trim piece that would loosen internally which would cause the limit switch to open and stop the top operation. This particular one was stuck open at a weird angle that wasn’t how they normally failed. The guy working on it started poking around a bit and found that the entire frame was bent. And it was bent backwards sort of like it was pulled “open”. Hmmmm…

The rest of the story. Customer went out of town and his teenaged son decided to take the SL for a cruise and wanted to put the top down. When it didn’t open, this fucking dipshit had his friend work the switch while he grabbed the front edge of the trunk, put his feet on the bumper and leveraged the trunk lid up. The only problem is that even with this retard “helping” the top system operate, it hadn’t unlocked properly and he was bending the main support frame of the top assembly.

View attachment 8414598

I can’t remember if he had to eat the entire repair or if we helped cover some of it. Whatever it was, I hope his fucking stupid ass kid was sent to a labor camp to pay the bill off
I had a similar story. Took place in 89ish. Worked on a 280SL, a 113 chassis. Probably a 69 year model. Had a bad oil leak. Turned out someone had put some bolts without washers in the wrong place, the bolts broke through the block casting. Easy repair by putting correct washers on and some sealant on the threads. The customer had his "secretary" pick up the car. For some reason she decided to open the hood, maybe to check the oil or show her other boyfriend. When closing the hood someone didn't move the hood prop rod out of the way and bent the hood. Customer tried to blame me. Wasn't noted or mentioned by anyone before it left the shop or dealership. Lets think for a minute. I am capable of diagnosing and repairing the hard to find leak, but don't have the sense to release the hood prop rod? NOPE.

9bd3d2e3-c0be-4905-8f91-afd1892b8adf.jpeg

Why is this guy concerned? Here is never going to pay a dollar in child support, he is not going to be an actual father to the kid no matter what shade he turns out to be. And it will be astounding if he is speaking to the child's mother in six months anyway.
…just goin to quote this so it stays forever.

Sure a bunch of assumptions here for a picture that’s probably staged.

…just goin to quote this so it stays forever.

Sure a bunch of assumptions here for a picture that’s probably staged.
Statistically, every one of them is correct. If you don't want the facts sticking around forever, be a better person. Mouthwash will get the taste of Biden's cock out of your mouth, btw.

Well, since we're posting picks of our VeeDubs....I'm going for more of a vintage rally look. Too many "Cal Look" bugs out there. In the process of building a 1776 motor with dual carbs and a Vintage Speed exhaust. Interior is basically stock right now but I'm putting in a tach and speedo from a 914 Porsche, along with other gauges; the tach will go in the stock speedo position and the speedo to the left.View attachment 8405131
My first car was a 69 beetle witha 1600 dual port with a weber 2 barrel. Didn't have my DL when I bought it, so I yanked the motor and built it into a 1835 cc, dual 44s, ported the heads, lightened the flywheel, built an aluminum cluser with a 120 mph speedo, 10k tach, oil temp and pressure. I put an external oil filter and cooler under the back fenders, pulled a few springs out of the torsion tubes to lower it a little. Ended up putting a close ration tranaxle in it and had it running low 13s. This was 1984 and all the guys with the new camaros and trans ams didn't have a clue why a VW left them in the rear view. Fun car, could change a clutch it about 30-45 minutes, definately went through a few of them.