• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1714169597478.jpeg

APRIL 26, 1991

One of the most widely documented and costliest severe weather outbreaks in history took the lives of 21 people and cost 589 million dollars of damage in Kansas. An unusually powerful, low precipitation supercell that reached full strength over Andover on the afternoon of April 26 spawned a fast moving F4 stovepipe tornado that bypassed McConnell Air Force Base by just a hair's width before expanding into a long track F5 wedge that traveled for 13 miles, devastating numerous neighborhoods and farms in it's wake. One of the most remarkable features of this storm was it's low precipitation, lack of a wall cloud, and no rain-wrapped bear cage, enabling photographers to document some of the most chilling and clear cut features of the storm as it progressed.

Two townsmen from Andover at different angles with the most cutting edge video equipment of the day and a wide angle of visibility captured these stunning scenes. At it's peak maturity, the wedge was over several hundred yards wide and packed a solid F5 rating with wind speed at close to 300 miles per hour.

First stages: Approaching and bypassing McConnell AFB where 20 B1 and B2 bombers were parked, then rapidly strengthening into a wedge as soon as it passed:

Fake news. I see no flying monkeys.

Those look like a twin to the Skyline 7x35 field glasses that I got from my dad when he passed
And one of my boys will get from me when I go.
From the goose blind to the football stadium.
I wish I could have captured everything they have seen.
A lot of good memories therein.

View attachment 8405469

My dad had that same case. Don't know what ever happened to it or the binoculars.
A good pair of binoculars if used often are like that.

These are branded Stellar. From the look of it, likely made by the same company.

1714179224879.jpeg

But a COPO was rare and not the norm. I chose my words wisely. Also when did they run 10.3?

“In 1969, both types of COPO cars were drag tested in street trim in magazines. The Chevelle posted a quarter-mile time of 14.10 e.t. at 101 mph, while the COPO Camaro posted a 13.16 with a 110.21 mph.”

Just an example, I’m curious.
I'm gonna get flamed, but I think 14 sec on a car with a back seat you can have sex on is pretty cool.

Those look like a twin to the Skyline 7x35 field glasses that I got from my dad when he passed
And one of my boys will get from me when I go.
From the goose blind to the football stadium.
I wish I could have captured everything they have seen.
A lot of good memories therein.

View attachment 8405469
And those look a lot like these. These are magna 6x30. Inherited them from my grandfather. I believe he said he got them when he was in Korea.
20240426_210650.jpg

Or a 15 second '74 3/4t pick-up with bench seat works too..... and did. Ah high school...
73, 3/4 ton for me, oh the memories. Just had to make sure you parked on a level area, so granny 4 speed didn’t get kicked into neutral….👍👍👍