• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My idea of the ultimate mid-range gun

Boyscout618

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2011
DC area
Here is my idea: M700 action, custom medium-bull barrel in 7mm-08, (both matte black, of course) HS Precision M24 stock, badger ordinance extended mag, lower the trigger down to around 1 1/2, 2 pounds, Leupold Mark 4 rings/bases, Mark 4 4.5-14x50 mil-dot scope, teardrop bolt handle, sako-extractor, harris 6-9 inch bipod, and a couple hundred rounds of 150 grain matchkings. Someone set a price for me?

Re: My idea of the ultimate mid-range gun

Something like this:

DSCF0707.jpg

Spec's:

Rem 700 7mm-08 26" Rem Varmint Contour Barrel
McMillan M40A1 Stock Forest Camo
Seekins DBM System
Badger Alloy Low 30mm Rings
Badger Alloy 20 MOA base
Atlas Bipod
Seekins SRS Rail
USO 30mm 3.2-17x44mm Red Ill, MilSpec GAP Reticle, T-Pal, EREK Knob
Timney 510 Trigger set to 2.5 lbs
KRG Bolt Lift

As far as your build goes: Ditch the Sako Extractor as you don't need it, and try 162 A-Max's instead of 150 gr SMK's.

Also not a fan of Leupold, as there are better options for the price they charge, and ditto the HS Precision stock, McMillan or Manners is way better, IMHO.

As far as price goes, the full monty above is in the low $4K range. More than half of that is in scope......

Good luck with your build.