• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My three guns: the AR grows up

vmpglenn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2004
Fitchburg, WI
This is what the rest of my carbines want to be when they grow up.

Armalite AR10A4C, Noveske N6 14.5" 7.62 bbl | Noveske Crusader, 12.5" 6.8 bbl | LWRCi PSD, 8" 6.8 bbl

Re: My three guns: the AR grows up

I am with SNIPER4DUMMIES...This looks like some type of stock photo or something?

Are you a professional photographer?

Great looking guns and super clear photo!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super nice and how the heck are you taking such clear pics?
What kind of camera are you using and type of lighting? </div></div>

I use a softbox made from an old sheet and some PVC piping, then some bent coat hangers and a length of PVC pipe to hold a few cheap clamp-on work lights with daylight balanced CFC bulbs. A couple of extra lights wrapped in another sheet for soft fills, and shoot the pic. My total cost for the setup was probably $60. I'll have to post a pic of it someday.

My camera is a Nikon D700 with a plain ol' Nikkor 50mm F1.4 lens, although pretty much any decent camera could have taken that photo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">super nice and how the heck are you taking such clear pics?
What kind of camera are you using and type of lighting? </div></div>

I use a softbox made from an old sheet and some PVC piping, then some bent coat hangers and a length of PVC pipe to hold a few cheap clamp-on work lights with daylight balanced CFC bulbs. A couple of extra lights wrapped in another sheet for soft fills, and shoot the pic. My total cost for the setup was probably $60. I'll have to post a pic of it someday.

My camera is a Nikon D700 with a plain ol' Nikkor 50mm F1.4 lens, although pretty much any decent camera could have taken that photo. </div></div>

If you ever takes pics of the "softbox" setup please email me, I'd love to see it-thanks