• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

need ammo for precision course

I buy ammo from Outdoor Limited they have whatever you need & good pricing, great folks to deal with.

There is no effort...it takes 30 seconds

Here is a partial list from Ammoseek for Federal GMM 175 grain. It took all of 30 seconds...SG Ammo isn't in the top 15...although they are good. I buy some things from them.

Reactions: b6graham
+1 on SGAmmo.com

Once you factor in shipping fees, they're really difficult to beat in price.

I got 600 rounds of FGMM 175gr .308 last summer for an August course from MidwayUSA.com. A quick check suggested that their prices were nearly as good as any and my previous experience made them my No. 1. I received my ammo ontime, no prob and consistent with my previous experience.

Good luck and good shooting,

Harry

Vizards in NH has always been good. Cheap shipping. That's the one thing ammoseek needs to list as a lot are flat rate which makes up a big difference when ordering multiple cases

TargetSportsUSA. As you’ll see, they actually are in the top 5 of that Ammoseek search. Their price doesn’t vary and swing wildly. It’s the same every time. Free shipping with a case of 200 or greater.

I also search. It takes seconds and can save you $ using volume sellers.

TargetSportsUSA. As you’ll see, they actually are in the top 5 of that Ammoseek search. Their price doesn’t vary and swing wildly. It’s the same every time. Free shipping with a case of 200 or greater.

Target Sports and Vizards are the best. SG Ammo is good for Hornady.

I have heard that Target Sports has a "Prime membership" that saves you a lot despite it costing $90/year. Anyone know anything about that

Reactions: BigRed308

Here is a partial list from Ammoseek for Federal GMM 175 grain. It took all of 30 seconds...SG Ammo isn't in the top 15...although they are good. I buy some things from them.

View attachment 7057687

That pretty well sums up what I was saying. The best of those places are only a few cents per round cheaper. All of them either have high shipping prices that cancel out the savings or have stupid shipping policies. Try ordering FGMM from Target Sport and see how long it takes to get it. Here’s a hint, most of those places don’t have it in stock. They almost all have it shipped to them and then ship to you or have it dropped shipped from the distributor.

I’m not trying to be an ass, but I go through a lot of FGMM and you won’t find anyone consistently as good as SG Ammo.

You’ve really got to watch TargetSport. They’ve screwed me twice. One of which almost cost me a class. The were running a sale on FGMM so I called to confirm it was in stock and would reach me by a specific date. Ordered the ammo. When I got shipping info in my email the delivery date was almost 1.5 weeks out, after the arrival date they promised on the phone. When I called back to find out what was going on that’s when they admitted to having to get it from the distributor before shipping. Gave them another chance later and basically same thing. It’s 2019 there is no reason for orders to take more than a week to arrive. Hell, target sport takes 2 - 5 days for orders to “process”.

As a side note, after the issue with TargetSport, I called SG ammo. I explained the situation and they expedited a case of FGMM to the training facility for me. Order placed to delivery was 3 days. Try finding another ammo dealer that will do that for a customer.

SG Ammo is honestly the only good place to buy ammo in bulk IMO. They are honest right on the front page about shipping times, and shipping costs are right there on the page of the ammo you are looking at. Have placed several orders with them, and it ships when they say they will, and arrives within the expected time frame. Of course arrival is dependent on the carrier. Either way, great prices, with shipping that can not really be beat.

Reactions: 87stang
Ammo Seek is a great tool to use. I’ve found that Outdoor Limited has often been my go-to for ammo. They’re located in NC and have been super fast to ship. Fast enough that I placed an order on a Wednesday night and got it on Friday. That was pretty impressive.

A word of caution on Ammo Seek. They simply find and display prices. That’s it. They’re not guaranteeing the sellers. Make sure to do some research on any company you aren’t familiar with before placing your order.

Palmetto State is where I buy when they have their $17.99, free shipping by the case sales.

Think last year they had that deal at $16.99 per box.

No sales from them right now though but still check their price it's probably at $18/box with free shipping if you buy a case of 200.

You’ve really got to watch TargetSport. They’ve screwed me twice. One of which almost cost me a class. The were running a sale on FGMM so I called to confirm it was in stock and would reach me by a specific date. Ordered the ammo. When I got shipping info in my email the delivery date was almost 1.5 weeks out, after the arrival date they promised on the phone. When I called back to find out what was going on that’s when they admitted to having to get it from the distributor before shipping. Gave them another chance later and basically same thing. It’s 2019 there is no reason for orders to take more than a week to arrive. Hell, target sport takes 2 - 5 days for orders to “process”.

As a side note, after the issue with TargetSport, I called SG ammo. I explained the situation and they expedited a case of FGMM to the training facility for me. Order placed to delivery was 3 days. Try finding another ammo dealer that will do that for a customer.
Having never been in a situation wherein I was out of ammo when I ordered, it doesn’t matter at all to me if it takes a week or so to get to me. Different strokes, I guess.

I get my FGMM 175gr 7.62 load from sgammo ... 500rds per case ... 1.04 per round if you buy two cases (1,000) together ... and I usually do that. The .308 load can also be used, but has slightly less MV (less pressure) and I have read greater than zero reports about primers not firing for the .308 load. I compare to 3 cases of LD M118LR I got, one case was 100% reliable, the second case had 12 dimpled primers, no fire from three different rifles. So, I am ALL IN on the FGMM 175gr 7.62 though would use the .308 as a substitute. I try to maintain reserve of 4 cases, so I dont' run out if there is a shortage :)

Reactions: 87stang
Having never been in a situation wherein I was out of ammo when I ordered, it doesn’t matter at all to me if it takes a week or so to get to me. Different strokes, I guess.

Make no mistake, I wasn’t out. I took 9 days of precision rifle classes and was down to my last 500 rd case. I didn’t feel like that was enough for the class.

You are right though, different strokes. I personally am not going to do business with a company that takes better than a week to get me what I paid for when there are other companies that can provide the same product at the same price in a matter of days.

Reactions: PAYDIRT
That pretty well sums up what I was saying. The best of those places are only a few cents per round cheaper. All of them either have high shipping prices that cancel out the savings or have stupid shipping policies. Try ordering FGMM from Target Sport and see how long it takes to get it. Here’s a hint, most of those places don’t have it in stock. They almost all have it shipped to them and then ship to you or have it dropped shipped from the distributor.

I’m not trying to be an ass, but I go through a lot of FGMM and you won’t find anyone consistently as good as SG Ammo.

Not really arguing with you at all. As I said, I buy a lot of Hornady 140 grain ELD-M from SG Ammo. However, I disagree with "high shipping...", etc. The flags are there for shipping. Target blows away SG Ammo on certain things like American Gunner (Hornady) 140 grain OTM. This ammo is perfect for shooting inside 600 yards and it is $159/200 in bulk form (plastic can). Plus I have never waited longer than 3 days for a Target Ammo shipment....for me, it is always faster than SG Ammo by a day or two but they are on the East Coast like me.

We all have our favorites....I have a few

SG Ammo
Target Sports
Vizards

All work well.

Not everyone is buying ammo to the degree that some of us do and for those people, Ammoseek is a great tool. Even for us, it ties us into sales occasionally that are hard to find on our own.

palmettostatearmory i don't think shows up on ammoseek and they have some pretty good sales on federal gold medal 168 and 175. buy yeah always check ammoseek but then have to see what freight is. case in point is carolina munitions on the top of the list, but their freight is outrageous.

If I don’t have time to load I buy from Creedmoor Sports. They have Lapua bullets, Brass, Vitavorian powder loaded 308 ammo in various grain weights for $71.50 per 50 rounds. Shoots sub MOA in all my .308. Now that the Capstone group is up and running I’m trying out each of their offerings. The benefit to buying from Creedmoor sports or the Capstone group is you get the best bullets and brass for cheaper than Black Hills, Hornady, and others. It’s about 30 cents more than FGMM, but again you get Lapua brass. So you can always sell the brass and then it’s cheaper than FGMM. Brownells has the Capstone Group ( Berger) ammo for $1.30 a shot.

It is a great tool once you get used to using it. I never buy ammo without looking heree. The funny thing is that even though I do it, it usually is the same 5 companies.

I’ve noticed the exact same thing the past 5 years I’ve been using it

Not really arguing with you at all. As I said, I buy a lot of Hornady 140 grain ELD-M from SG Ammo. However, I disagree with "high shipping...", etc. The flags are there for shipping. Target blows away SG Ammo on certain things like American Gunner (Hornady) 140 grain OTM. This ammo is perfect for shooting inside 600 yards and it is $159/200 in bulk form (plastic can). Plus I have never waited longer than 3 days for a Target Ammo shipment....for me, it is always faster than SG Ammo by a day or two but they are on the East Coast like me.

We all have our favorites....I have a few

SG Ammo
Target Sports
Vizards

All work well.

Not everyone is buying ammo to the degree that some of us do and for those people, Ammoseek is a great tool. Even for us, it ties us into sales occasionally that are hard to find on our own.

I see your point. I don’t shoot 6.5 Creedmoor so I’m not really up on the price difference. I agree on ammoseek being a good tool and do use it when I am looking for something out of the norm. They have definitely turned me on to some sources I wasn’t aware of. I was really speaking more to the FGMM. I try to keep a lot of that around and SG Ammo has consistently been the best.

I know I’ve got a sour outlook on TargetSport. That whole screw me twice thing. I’m glad they work out for some people. For me, being halfway across the country they just don’t work very well.

I haven’t heard of the Capstone group. I’ll have to check them out.

I've been using .308 from www.Orrtactical.com for a few years now and I love it. They do a lot of special stuff as well. 20 or 50 ct. comes in hard plastic ammo boxes too. Highly recommend!

Gunbot.net, it is like ammoseek but seems more up to date and a lot more choices. It is very bare bones, looks like old bulletin board or message board graphics...man I am starting to get old to even know what those are.

I know I'm late to this thread but it never hurts to check Palmetto State Armory . They run sales on FGMM @ $19.99 a box a free shipping on I think 10 or 20 boxes .

Make no mistake, I wasn’t out. I took 9 days of precision rifle classes and was down to my last 500 rd case. I didn’t feel like that was enough for the class.

You are right though, different strokes. I personally am not going to do business with a company that takes better than a week to get me what I paid for when there are other companies that can provide the same product at the same price in a matter of days.
Lol 500 rounds.
What's @ArmyJerry say?

+1 on the $4** case of 168 fgmm from @Bdomar

Last edited:
SG Ammo is honestly the only good place to buy ammo in bulk IMO. They are honest right on the front page about shipping times, and shipping costs are right there on the page of the ammo you are looking at. Have placed several orders with them, and it ships when they say they will, and arrives within the expected time frame. Of course arrival is dependent on the carrier. Either way, great prices, with shipping that can not really be beat.
Lol they aren't even the cheapest most times. There are dozens of good dealers you just need to shop around. You need to get out more.

View attachment 7057687

Not that I care but I don't think ammoseek lists sgammo stuff when they aren't in stock and I've also found that ammoseek misses other stuff for other reasons as well so you have to check your work as it's not the end all be all.

Not that I care but I don't think ammoseek lists sgammo stuff when they aren't in stock and I've also found that ammoseek misses other stuff for other reasons as well so you have to check your work as it's not the end all be all.

What is??? It is a tool and there is no perfect tool....other than my AI

probably want to buy at least 500 rounds of match .308.

where would you get it

I didn’t read through all the responses but I’m sure you have plenty of great suggestions. My recommendation would be to get Spark munitions. They used to be called Blackwater Precision. It is by far the most accurate factory ammo I have used. The 308 ammo they offer shot under .5moa in all three rifles we tried it in. It has really good velocity also. On top of that I believe it is $42 for a 50ct box and comes with tipped match king bullets. Fantastic ammo and very affordable.

Reactions: The DFC
I didn’t read through all the responses but I’m sure you have plenty of great suggestions. My recommendation would be to get Spark munitions. They used to be called Blackwater Precision. It is by far the most accurate factory ammo I have used. The 308 ammo they offer shot under .5moa in all three rifles we tried it in. It has really good velocity also. On top of that I believe it is $42 for a 50ct box and comes with tipped match king bullets. Fantastic ammo and very affordable.

Can't say I have heard of them. They are selling 6.5 Creedmoor rounds using the 140 grain ELD-M bullet. However, they are loading it to produce an MV 0f 2,850 fps which is the typical MV of either PRIME or FGMM when using a 130 grain bullet.

EDIT: They just emailed me and said the 2,850 fps MV was from a 26" barrel not a 24". I may have to give this a try.

Last edited:
Can't say I have heard of them. They are selling 6.5 Creedmoor rounds using the 140 grain ELD-M bullet. However, they are loading it to produce an MV 0f 2,850 fps which is the typical MV of either PRIME or FGMM when using a 130 grain bullet.

Is this factual information. A 140 grain ELD-M at 2850 fps could be pretty interesting but not a bandleader so not sure if that is a safe loading.
it's a little fast, but i dont think it's unreasonable. people shoot the 147s that fast or faster but im sure brass like suffers

it's a little fast, but i dont think it's unreasonable. people shoot the 147s that fast or faster but im sure brass like suffers

Well they corrected themselves and said that MV is from a 26" barrel. They are also using Peterson brass which is supposed to be better in terms of durability than the Hornady. Don't reload so I can't comment

Last edited:
Well they corrected themselves and said that MV is from a 26: barrel. They are also using Peterson brass which is supposed to be better in terms of durability than the Hornady. Don't reload so I can't comment
if it shoots, it's a pretty good deal for peterson brass leftovers

EDIT: They just emailed me and said the 2,850 fps MV was from a 26" barrel not a 24". I may have to give this a try.

I was shooting their 140 grain 6.5 creedmoor ammo out of a stock 24” RPR and I was getting 2820. I was shooting out to around 1200 yards and the ammo performed fantastic.

I honestly can’t remember. It has been about a year since I shot it. I reload so I shootmy own ammo now but I believe the SD was let than 10. I am also still loading all the brass I got from that ammo. It comes with some really nice Peterson brass.

I've spend enought at SGAmmo to buy a nice mid level car. They've never screwed up an order even ONCE in over a decade of purchases.

Palmetto State Armory... they've managed to screw up 3 of 6. They did make it right in the end with no fuss. (I LOVE their inexpensive AR bag)

But much better to use a vendor that does it right the first time.

I've spend enought at SGAmmo to buy a nice mid level car. They've never screwed up an order even ONCE in over a decade of purchases.

Palmetto State Armory... they've managed to screw up 3 of 6. They did make it right in the end with no fuss. (I LOVE their inexpensive AR bag)

But much better to use a vendor that does it right the first time.

Me too-Palmetto has stepped their game up quite a bit lately. My orders-mostly mags and ammo-for the last year or so have shipped right away. The last 2 orders shipped same day.

I just bought some 308 168gr smk from Spark Munitions-price was very decent. We'll see how customer service is-I know SGAmmo would already be on its way to me.