• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Need help/advice on a trade offer.. thanks

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
hey everyone, a couple weeks back I posted my like new glock 19 for sale/trade just to see if anyone offered the right price or trade.. my glock is practically brand new with trijicon night sights, maybe 50 rounds fired at most.. i received a local offer for a straight up trade for a 80 series government model colt 1911. it seems to be in pretty good shape with only minor wear (its not the stainless).. strictly concerning dollar amount, is it a good/equal/bad trade.. its not something that i will shoot alot, but it has somewhat of a cool factor going for it.. thanks for any input..btw, most the offers I received for the gloock were around $500.

Re: Need help/advice on a trade offer.. thanks

Look at it this way: you're getting offered a potentially decent 1911 for what the market has shown you to be the equivalent of $500. I'd qualify that as a no-brainer if the Glock isn't tripping your trigger. Just don't think that all 1911s are alike or that this one will be the be-all and end-all. Care and feeding, my friend, and maybe "plastic surgery," too ...

I agree with Veer_G plus the Colt 1911 will maintain a degree of value and a decent resell price if you dont like it.

Looks like a decent trade.

Yes trade the Glock. Low end 1911's fetch 500. So a colt should be good to go. Also, if you get into it, Colt is a good base gun to grow with.

Trade for the Colt,but be careful the "1911" bug might bite you!

PASS on the 1911.

My 1911s are "safe queens".

With the vast number of 1911s on the market, a Series 80 only has the name COLT going for it. To do anything other than pull the trigger on a 1911 is spelled "MONEY".

Why trade the Glock? If you are hard up for money, sell it. If you're not hard up for money, keep it.

Good luck!

No Brainer, go for the Colt.