• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need participants for a shooting/nightvision/blowing shit up focus group - CLOSED - ALL INFO IS SENT 8/12

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    8/12/19 as of 4pm MST, all of the information covered under NDA as well as a questionnaire have been sent. If you did not receive it, send me a PM and I will check to see what happened.

Only stragglers as of right now are:

@2aBaCa

G. Orr

NDAs have started to go out to the email addresses we selected. Check the email account (as well as in spam) you 'applied' with. We actually upped the number of participants we accepted as the response to this was insane.

You will get a link from a service called EverSign that has a link to the document. All you need to do is follow the link, review the basic NDA (we tried to use one that is as short and straightforward as it gets) and go to the box on the final page for the signature. This is a digital signature that will allow you to use your mouse to sign the page; no need to print/scan anything. At that point finalize the signature and the service will send you an executed copy to your email.

The box on the first page that says 'Full Name' as well as on the final page for 'Full Name' and 'Date Signed' will populate via the software and will include your name and the date of the electronic signature - no need to try and click on these or do anything with them.

Totally not trolling; this was passed on to Frank a while back and he said it was GTG as far as doing this on SnipersHide.

* We have had an immense response to this via email. Wanted to make sure that no one felt that they were being ignored and again mention that we will be contacting people via email with this initial phase of this focus group on/around August 10th to ensure we have everything lined up on our end before doing so *

I'm part of a private business venture that has developed over the past 18 months to a point where we have all of the 'big picture' aspects taken care of as far infrastructure, capital equipment and everything to have it go live as far as the actual venture is concerned.

What I was wanting to focus on now, was listening to input from a large cross-section of people who this venture would possibly interest. Get their thoughts and feedback on what we are wanting to offer, what would interest them, doesn't appeal to them, what they would want to see more or less of, etc; sky is the limit. Tell me I suck if that's what you take away from it. All I want is honest feedback as nothing is written in stone, and is what will help translate our business concept into something successful due to it being something that people will enjoy instead of being a business that puts out what they think you should like.

I won't get into the venture into too much detail on here but if you are selected to become part of the focus group there will be a lot more information on this. For now I will say it has to do with small unit .mil vehicles, an array of weapons/equipment, nightvision and possibly being called a muppet. This is not 'professional training' related, but there is nothing out there currently that offers what we are about to.

All you need to do to get in the queue for the focus group is send an email to [email protected] with the title 'Focus Group'. We are looking as of today, 7/31. Adding your SH name, any identifying info or why you'd be a great fit for this group to the email would be helpful, but is not required. We're looking to cut it at around 30 people for this phase and will be contacting people with the initial information via email on/around August 10th. Please only apply if you are seriously interested in participating.

What this is going to be:

- Simple NDA
    - More detailed information about the venture as far as who/what/why/where
    - Walkthrough of everything we are looking to offer to the public as well as potential expansion aspects
    - A few demographics questions
    - Estimated 30 questions focused directly on your input/interest to specific aspects of what we are looking to offer as well as how
    - Open section where you can go into more detail about any thoughts/reactions/concerns/questions
    - This will be handled via individual email (not group CCing as that is much too confusing to everyone)

What this is NOT going to be:

- We are not advertising or selling anything
    - We are not looking for you to purchase anything, enter your credit card number, etc
    - No data, emails, personal information or anything disclosed at any time during any communications will be shared with anyone else for any reason

Send me a PM if you have any questions or let me know if I left anything out. I'll bump this thread occassionally to keep it on the first page.

ETA - I've had a few PM's asking me if this required physical activity or how hard was I going to beat on you. Please re-read the post; this is a focus group via email that you do not need to leave your house or even put on pants to participate in. Currently this will go into detail about the venture, ask you some questions and then let you give feedback as well as suggestions/ideas that can alter the approach we are looking to take, add/remove things we are looking to do and make everything just that much more direct to the client/end user.

Further down the road, I'd be open to having people come and actually participate as this is definetly a live, in person kind of thing. Pants will be required at that time.

Last edited:
    Is there gonna be like, exercise involved?
    I’m old, ya know? Not into the whole exercise thing.
    Will there be food? Because like, I gotta eat, too. Did I mention I’m kinda fat?
    Is smoking permitted? I do that too, not a lot, but enough that it’s important.
    I’m really only into this whole long range marksmanship thing because I can do it mostly lying down.
    Like I said, I’m not into the whole exercise/walking thing.

I've had a ton of replies so far; please remember, we're not looking to begin responding to people with the Focus Group until 8/10.

Didn't want anyone to feel like I was ignoring them; we just wanted to have everything lined up at the same time.

Last edited:
    Is there gonna be like, exercise involved?
    I’m old, ya know? Not into the whole exercise thing.
    Will there be food? Because like, I gotta eat, too. Did I mention I’m kinda fat?
    Is smoking permitted? I do that too, not a lot, but enough that it’s important.
    I’m really only into this whole long range marksmanship thing because I can do it mostly lying down.
    Like I said, I’m not into the whole exercise/walking thing.

No, its all via email as far as the focus group. It will simply start with some questions about you and then fill you in on a lot of the specifics on the venture.

At that point it will be questions about that as well as the opportunity for you to go over what interested you, what you didnt like, ideas you may have, more questions as well as possibly shape some specific functions and ideas we are currently trying to nail down/develop/make better.

You're definetly welcome to come to southern Utah and dig ditches in the desert while I sit in my lawn chair, calling you a muppet and berating you over your life choices that have led you to this point.

The driving force behind this is that while I know a ton about what we were doing and what we are going to be offering, I'm not a potential client/end user, and what I may think is fun/great/interesting/whatever because of my background, may not translate into being fun/interesting/exciting for someone else; or in our case - it may just scare the shit out of them :D

Apple Pie Moonshine, which I guess can pass for punch.

I got on a moonshine kick a while back. Some are really good like the Midnight Moon and some are beyond awful.
    I tried taxed shine once. Decided it wasn't for me.

Duty-free apple pie is popular around here, but ranges from shit sugar-shine to the good stuff. The best IMHO is real apple (not the stuff with syrup added). I'll keep an eye out for some in hopes that I might trade it for blowing some shit up at night from a mil vehicle (Chuck Norris style!).

I tried taxed shine once. Decided it wasn't for me.

Duty-free apple pie is popular around here, but ranges from shit sugar-shine to the good stuff. The best IMHO is real apple (not the stuff with syrup added). I'll keep an eye out for some in hopes that I might trade it for blowing some shit up at night from a mil vehicle (Chuck Norris style!).

I usually don't like the syrupy ones, but we had one here that was peach and the entire jar was sliced peaches that had absorbed 80% of the liquid. Had to eat it with a fork.

Have always wanted to try un-taxed since forever, but even when I lived in Florida, it was always someone's uncles brothers roomates nephews sister that 'knew' someone and never happened.

You're definetly welcome to come to southern Utah and dig ditches in the desert while I sit in my lawn chair, calling you a muppet and berating you over your life choices that have led you to this point.

I’ll do the email thing for sure but I won’t do Utah ever again.

Last time I did Utah for a ten day vacation, the wife broke her wrist on the morning of the first full day at the first scenic overlook of Arches National Park.

No shit, I could still see the park entrance at the bottom of the hill from the overlook.

On the plus side the ER in Moab is pretty good and they had her surgery scheduled the same day with a plate and screws and all kinds of hardware.

A2CB6156-36BA-4DDD-86D9-A8FE4BC19D3D.jpeg

So, no Utah, never again.

Monument Valley was cool though, but that’s not in fucking Utah.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Barneybdb
    Email sent.

I replied earlier but right as the software update hit. Sounds like we all just got invited to Utah to dig ditches and drink shine... who's driving?

Are you looking for people that have knowledge and experience with the above or people who would like to have an experience the above?

Are you looking for people that have knowledge and experience with the above or people who would like to have an experience the above?

Both.

Looking for a big cross section with the only real relative thing being the person is at least interested in some/all of the aspects (i.e. wouldn't really be helpful if you hated firearms and were scared of the dark). Other than that, if you do have experience with these things, thats great as you'd be able to give informed opinions or share what has/hasn't worked. If you don't have experience then that is valuable as well as this will be a viewpoint from any potential client who also has no experience with this kind of stuff.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
    I’m interested ! Just have to see if my schedule will allow me to make it!

I’ll do the email thing for sure but I won’t do Utah ever again.

Last time I did Utah for a ten day vacation, the wife broke her wrist on the morning of the first full day at the first scenic overlook of Arches National Park.

No shit, I could still see the park entrance at the bottom of the hill from the overlook.

On the plus side the ER in Moab is pretty good and they had her surgery scheduled the same day with a plate and screws and all kinds of hardware.

View attachment 7122030

So, no Utah, never again.

Monument Valley was cool though, but that’s not in fucking Utah.
    So you are blaming that on the state of Utah for that. You do know that you were on Federal land when that happened. Also blaming dirt, is the same as blaming the gun.

Just an observation.

Last edited:
    He’s from the government and here to help by taking note of all your shit so he can take it away.

Having said that, I’m in. Email sent. Hope UT doesn’t mind me being poor.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I’m interested ! Just have to see if my schedule will allow me to make it!

Make it? Where?

This is all via email. lol

Maybe eventually down the road I'll have an invite for people to come do 'milk runs' utilizing a lot of what end user and focus group feedback was. But until then, this is all via email just like I bolded in the OP :p

Reactions: Snipe260
    Agreed. Digging ditches + shine + a long ways from home obviously = hookers.

Can I request a 'everyone leaves their phone in an airport locker' rule? Asking for a friend.

Last time I was in Utah, we had to order nachos to get beers in. Do hookers like nachos? Asking for your friend.

Reactions: Boatninja
    Make it? Where?

This is all via email. lol

Maybe eventually down the road I'll have an invite for people to come do 'milk runs' utilizing a lot of what end user and focus group feedback was. But until then, this is all via email just like I bolded in the OP :p
    ???

I was in until he said I had to wear pants...

Just kidding, email sent, sounds like it's right up my alley.

Bump -

Waiting on a few members' updated information and then the NDAs go out.

Once those are back the group starts.

Wanted to make sure people saw this to deter the whining and gnashing of teeth later.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lapuapalooza
    Signed. Hope I didnt give away whats left of my evil little soul.