• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Forster FL Bushing Die

Rathmatik

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2020
KCMO
Does anyone have experience with these yet? I'm curious if this die supports other brand bushings, such as Redding or SAC (their neck sizing ones).

I can't find any documentation or other threads that says one way or another.

i think Forster dies use proprietary bushings and other manufacturers won’t work. But someone else might chime in to say I’m wrong.

Reactions: simonp
I just called Forster and their bushings are ~.492 in diameter. The SAC neck bushings are .495.

I ordered this die in 6.5 Creedmoor last week with a Forster .289" bushing, just got here yesterday. I put in a SAC bushing to see if it fit, and while it does, there is quite a bit of vertical space since the Forster bushings are a bit taller. Even with lowering the top cap all the way, there's still space, so it would likely not size the full neck and be of an unknown amount.

Anyhow, I tested sizing with multiple pieces of 1x fired Lapua brass and the neck concentricity has been great (<.001" runout on most, max was still <.002"). It's also a very smooth die. The inside of the die and their neck bushing has a mirror finish. The vertical laser etching on the die threads combined with their new Accu-Ring works great for getting the desired headspace.

I'm going to load these cases up later today and will report back with bullet concentricity as well. So far it's looking like a solid FL bushing die.

Last edited:
I ordered this die in 6.5 Creedmoor last week with a Forster .289" bushing, just got here yesterday. I put in a SAC bushing to see if it fit, and while it does, there is quite a bit of vertical space since the Forster bushings are a bit taller. Even with lowering the top cap all the way, there's still space, so it would likely not size the full neck and be of an unknown amount.

Anyhow, I tested sizing with multiple pieces of 1x fired Lapua brass and the neck concentricity has been great (<.001" runout on most, max was still <.002"). It's also a very smooth die. The inside of the die and their neck bushing has a mirror finish. The vertical laser etching on the die threads combined with their new Accu-Ring works great for getting the desired headspace.

I'm going to load these cases up later today and will report back with bullet concentricity as well. So far it's looking like a solid FL bushing die.
Let us know how it goes.

I’m debating this die in 6.5 PRC.

Either that or the Redding S die.

I found out the SAC bushing will not work the hard way. Got told the did work, nope. Too short and even tightening down the adjustments all the way leaves too much free space for the bushing.

Unless something has changed I thought it was a known fact that the Forster bushings are a proprietary size exclusive to Forster dies.
Hornady, RCBS, Wilson, SAC, Redding are all interchangable.
I don't personally like proprietary products.

Unless something has changed I thought it was a known fact that the Forster bushings are a proprietary size exclusive to Forster dies.
Hornady, RCBS, Wilson, SAC, Redding are all interchangable.
I don't personally like proprietary products.
I thought that too. A buddy was a reloading place near his house and offered to pick up a bushing for me and I said it needed to be a Forster, he said nah the SAC will work. So he bought it and now he’s the owner of it since he didn’t accept I was right.

Reactions: XLR308