• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Hornady App

VanJoe

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2017
Jacksonville
Maybe this is old news but I didn't see it on the board, there is a new Hornady app out. First time I've browsed the app stores in a few months and they finally got their new app out that has the 4DOF engine and bullet library. Anyone try it out yet? Ought to make things easier in the field then having to go out to their website for it. Will have to give a try next week hopefully :)

I have it, seems to be s bit off vs ballistic AE, I haven’t tested it yet. Currently I’m only interested in minute of pig

The IOS App rejects username and password that is required for use. That is reflected in multiple reviews but it's a free app so I tried anyway and I have same error. Waiting on an update.

Downloaded it, needed to do some sort of sign up to use it. Deleted it right then.

Not as user friendly as Shooter. Seems to correlate well with my existing dope. I have it on Android.

I just got it I didn’t have a problem with it you do have to create an account by providing a email address and creating a password to login. It stores the rifle profiles you create so you can back them up if you ever needed to. I really don’t see the big deal it’s not like they’re asking for personal information other than a email address......It’s not like it’s hard not to just create some kind of anonymous email address to use for things like this, just about every thing requires an email address and they want you to create some sort of account not a big deal to me.

Can't seem to figure out how to true dope in reverse....like where to enter say; a velocity correction for drop to get an accurate velocity. Maybe I missed it

I would like to see them add a density altitude input...and a drag curve for the 7mm 180 hybrid.

Can't seem to figure out how to true dope in reverse....like where to enter say; a velocity correction for drop to get an accurate velocity. Maybe I missed it

I believe that is what the "Axial Form Factor" function is for. It lets you input if your rounds are hitting higher or lower than where they should be and then calculates a custom drag curve.

It is also a free app that will interface with select wind meters via Bluetooth Kestrel is one I am not sure about others. I will say this just from playing around with it today it seems like a pretty good ballistic app especially a free one.