• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Howa 308

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Just made my 1st introduction post. So I came accross a new black Hogue Howa with a 16" threaded barrel at Buds gun shop for just over $500 and ordered it. As soon as I got it home I pulled out my old 20" Axiom and switched stocks and triggers, I put the nicer bottom metal in the Hogue and zipped it up in a case for ??
I ordered a PT&G bottom metal for use of AICS mags (these are on sale right now for $119!) I'm not sure what I'll do for optics, my Axiom had a decent older Weaver 4-12x50 30mm IR tatical on it with 2pc bases, I'm more a fan of 1pc and even more so of integrated rings like DNZ reapers. This will be primarily a hunting rig. I know folks knock the less rigid Knoxx stock, but I like it and already have it, that said, it's not set in stone that I'll keep it. A lot depends on the bottom metal, so we'll see...

The axiom gets the job done and the price was right too. 👍

I had actually bought the axiom used, about 6 years ago for like $650 with the Weaver scope. My first Howa was bought new maybe 15 years ago, I think for less than $400, had a Tasco Titan mounted on it, killed many a whitetail with it.
Back in 2010 I survived by selling off most of my guns and ammo, that was just one that had to go.
So, I guess I'm going with a 1 piece scope base, just sniped an auction foe a used Outer impact rail on ebay for $20. I'm not really a cheapskate, but I am frugal always shopping for a deal, lol ;)

Good snag on your rail. I shelled out twice that for the rail on mine. I bought my howa about 6 months ago and It came in a axiom but the fella also gave me the plastic stock it came with new. Happy shooting

Last edited:
Reactions: BAMAboy18