• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from missouri

STLSteve86

Overtorquer
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
Steve from Missouri. I have been shooting and hunting most of my life. With in the past two years I have been reloading and just recently had a build started for a precision rifle. Glad I could find a place to share my obsession.

Barnhart, mo I don't know anyone near me that would let me shoot on their land.

make friends, or just call people selling large tracts of land and ask, same thing I do for hunting lease

Welcome. Hope you have your checkbook handy. This is a great place to educate you on spending $'s. On a serious note there is a wealth of information available and a crew willing to help.

I live in Saint Louis but have access to 1800 yard private range in Jefferson City. Also a ffl/sot if you need anything. We make the trip every other weekend. Welcome to join as long as you are safe .

Last edited:
Welcome. Hope you have your checkbook handy. This is a great place to educate you on spending $'s. On a serious note there is a wealth of information available and a crew willing to help.

Thank you, I look forward to more rifle builds in the future. $$$$$$$$$$$

I live in Saint Louis but have access to 1800 yard private range in Jefferson City. Also a ffl/sot if you need anything. We make the trip every other weekend. Welcome to join as long as you are safe .

Thank you for the invite. I have a GA Hospitaller in .308 being built at the moment and a nightforce atacs that I just received Friday. I'm looking forward to stretch her legs out once I have developed a load for it.

Can someone help me understand ballistics ae app or is there. Forum discussion on this already? There are a few things I have questions on to use with my NF scope

I'm runing a .308 175smk at 2600fps. What do I use for native drag model and drag model? What should I enter for vital zone radius and corolis acceleration. I wish there was a video in depth when to use things at what ranges. Thanks.
There's a whole lot to ballistics that would take way longer to explain than I have, so I'm going to refer you to some smarter guys on the subject. Get the two books on here: Products

Then start reading thread after thread on here: Range Report & Exterior Ballistics

As for your quick question, I prefer G1 with a .485 BC for 175gr SMK, vital zone is your target size, and I don't bother with coriolis.