• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle issues with finding load

How much neck clearance do you have? What is your loaded neck diameter vs fired neck diameter?

.337 loaded .339 fired. i use a .333 bushing then a .3065 mandrel.

I want to get a game plan for the ELD VT so i can start off strong

That’s why your ES is all over the place. You don’t have enough clearance. This is compounded by your dirty chamber.

You’re gonna have to neck turn or get brass with thinner necks.

Really? I was thinking every 250 rounds. I like reading precision rifle blog. This is what he pulled from the some shooters https://precisionrifleblog.com/2024/04/20/best-custom-rifle-barrel-what-the-pros-use/ for cleaning. Honestly I would love if there is a reloading class some where. In developing a load Im pretty sure Ive never developed a load correctly usually I stumble on getting my sd's below 10 and .5 MOA

Clean the rifle. Get all of the carbon out. Especially the ring in the throat. consistency is key. If you think about it, starting with a clean carbon-free bore is a baseline for accuracy. With a dirty barrel, where is your baseline? at the start of every range session, shoot fouling shots until your barrel settles.

Last edited: