• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Nice kitty

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
deaddeertiger.jpg

Re: Nice kitty

I would like to know they after the photo story. Did the cat run off from the flash? or did he get dinner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope that cat likes the taste of shit cuz my pants would be full of it.</div></div>

Chris, that's funny right there.

I'd offer to share........ Just another reason to never be far away from your gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say fake</div></div>

Me too. Cats eyes are glowing, but not the elk?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say fake</div></div>

Me too. Cats eyes are glowing, but not the elk?</div></div>

That is because the flash is on level with the cat and not the elk. I bet if the Elk's head was turned sideways, you might see the red eye.

Yes, I guess that could be. Either way, it's a pretty cool picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I guess that could be. Either way, it's a pretty cool picture. </div></div>

true....if its real. I think it is because the tree limb runs across his face. If that is photoshopped it is pretty good.

Nice picture. Definitely an oh shit factor, but better a cat than a grizzly.

I still say fake. The eyes are too orange and cover too much of the eye.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still say fake. The eyes are too orange and cover too much of the eye.</div></div>

Well that's not a very good argument for it being fake....animals eyes react completely different to flashes of light compared to the human eye.

Here is a picture I took a few weekends ago in the a completely dark room with the dog about 10 feet away under the desk. Was the Camera on my EVO 4G with flash.

ETA: May very well still be fake, but those aren't the reasons why.

IMAG0021.jpg

If its not fake it's very unusual to say the least. Most cats will not come that close and tolerate that much human intervention unless they happen to be very hungry or something. Even when called in by an elk bugle or predator call, once they figure out it is a setup, they leave in a big hurry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still say fake. The eyes are too orange and cover too much of the eye.</div></div>

Well that's not a very good argument for it being fake....animals eyes react completely different to flashes of light compared to the human eye.

Here is a picture I took a few weekends ago in the a completely dark room with the dog about 10 feet away under the desk. Was the Camera on my EVO 4G with flash.

ETA: May very well still be fake, but those aren't the reasons why.

</div></div>

I've seen enough eyes at night to know that they all react differently but your dogs eyes are no were near what the pic shows. The cat is way too bright for the surrounding brush it's standing in. The branches that cross its face are dark and leave no shadow. None of the flash is lighting up the brush next to the cat as bright as it is does to the cat. The entire thing looks fake and the eyes just make it look more so. So I still call fake.

Tough call, it's a cell phone camera - VERY high compression but none of the usual photoshop markings, if it was photoshopped it was done patiently....it looks real to me.

The eyes are because he's enclosed - the flash is not as strong at that distance - exactly the expected behavior at night.

This is at 800% increase..

deaddeertiger.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tough call, it's a cell phone camera - VERY high compression but none of the usual photoshop markings, if it was photoshopped it was done patiently....it looks real to me.

The eyes are because he's enclosed - the flash is not as strong at that distance - exactly the expected behavior at night.

This is at 800% increase..

</div></div>

How do you know it's a cell phone camera?

If this was an actually true event I don't know about you but I would be bragging this up one side and down the other. The other issue I have is he was alone hunting elk? I don't go hunting alone period let along going alone to hunt elk, and it's now dark.

This is listed on another forum.

Hunter; unknown but lucky.

This story came with the photo.

"This is freaking scary. As you know I was alone when I downed this elk in ND. I was using my camera’s timer attached to my shooting stick to give me enough time to get into the picture. I knew there were a lot of cats in the area but had no idea they would come in this close to people. He had to be within 10 feet of me and I didn’t even know it. I about crapped my pants when I looked at the pictures the next morning and saw he was there."

HateCA - assumed because of the compression - those squares you see every .5" or so...

So either the image was resized or it was taken at a compressed rate.

Either way, I think it is real, I don't see any marks even when I zoom up to 1500% - there are no photoshop indicators - every damn pixel "Seems" to be in place...

Looks legit to me, and maybe the guy is not a braggart....

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong though
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK based on the filename - maybe a fake - "Deaddeertiger.jpg"???

It's not a deer and it's not a tiger.
</div></div>

That was the name of the .jpg file that it was saved as on the "humor" site that I got it from. I was too lazy to change it when I uploaded it to photobucket.

You guys have some really serious CSI-Miami style skills checking to see whether or not it's real. All I was hoping for was an "Oh Chit" reaction to the situation. I checked and couldn't find the Paul Harvey on the photo, so props to HateCA for locating the back story. And props to ArcticLight for the pixel exam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HateCA - assumed because of the compression - those squares you see every .5" or so...

So either the image was resized or it was taken at a compressed rate.

Either way, I think it is real, I don't see any marks even when I zoom up to 1500% - there are no photoshop indicators - every damn pixel "Seems" to be in place...

Looks legit to me, and maybe the guy is not a braggart....

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong though
smile.gif
</div></div>

Me to, eat my words that is. But now the question of maybe a cell phone camera was used (not matching the story from the other site), a no named hunter, hunting alone for elk, and the pic looking odd to me I still believe it to be fake. I'll wait until someone claims the pic and can give a better account.

I think I got it figured out. As you look at the pic no gun, no bow, no spear, no weapon at all. The cat was a trained elk hunting master. The cat made the kill. LOL

Unlike a lot of fakes it is plausable, not out of the realm of possibility.

Won't defend it 100% but it COULD very well be real.

Besides, as I said - there's not one pixel out of place that I could see, although with the compression ratio as it is...hard to say for 100% sure...

OK I bite my tongue on "Cell phone" camera, but the pic is still highly compressed.