• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Node and POI

Tempest 455

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2012
Middle TN
Forgive me, I searched this and could not find exactly the answer I was looking for. Hoping someone has some insight on this.

I've been working up a load for a new rifle. Got it close where I thought it should be. Then played with seating depth. Found the sweet spot for that. Went back and fine tuned the powder amount. Here is the question:

When I ran the last test fine tuning the powder amount, I had the POI pretty well zeroed on all the targets/loads. However, one load (actually the load with tightest group and smallest vertical) had a POI shift slightly to the right. Would this factor into the node the rifle likes? Should I not worry about the POI change and just adjust from there?

Just curious, I've seen POI changes from COAL changes but have not personally when tuning the powder amount.

Thanks,

Eric

If it stacks them up and continues to do so you're done. Adjust your scope and take them to distance to verify.

R

Last edited:
Thanks, that was my plan. Going to test it this weekend at 500 and hope it's good for 1,000 the next weekend.