• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma 7mm-08 brass?

Totoro

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Gold Country, PRK
Hey fellas, any reports on the 7mm-08 brass for Norma?

Good/bad/ugly?

Thinking of converting a well shot PSS to 7mm-08.

Thanks!

I haven't used the norma, but I just got a barrel in 7mm-08 and I'm using Lapua 308 palma necked down to 7mm-08. Depending on your chamber you may need to turn necks. Powder valley and a few others have it in stock for around $90/100. If you want large rifle primer, tons of options. Starline, norma, hornady, nosler, lapua, winchester, federal, remington, etc. Brass availability should be good for this caliber.

Thanks A-C!

Pretty easy to neck down the Lapua Palma brass in 1 step? Or do you have to shoulder bump then resize?

Thanks!

I just sized down in one step. Outside neck dimension was within the saami print and they fired ok. If you get a tight neck you'll have to turn them. If you're looking for large primer brass its unecessary, but I have a ton of small rifle primers and nobody makes small rifle 7mm-08 that I know of.

So lube and run through sizing die and viola', 7-08 brass?

Intriguing, cuz I got a pile-o 308Win brass.

I use Norma in my 7/08 and also my 7 SAUM. I like it, but it's also the only manufacturer I've tried. I can achieve less than .003 runout when I turn the necks and mandrel out after F/L bushing sizing.