• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Now this is funny!

Lank

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2008
Wyoming, USA
This truly made me ROR

Marine stabbed, stabber "accidentally" mangled !

November 27, 2010.....Associated Press

AUGUSTA , Ga. - A U.S. Marine reservist collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in eastern Georgia .

Best Buy sales manager Orvin Smith told The Augusta Chronicle that man was seen on surveillance cameras Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the Augusta store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door. Outside were four Marines collecting toys for the service branch's "Toys For Tots" program.

Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back. The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, assorted lacerations and bruises he obtained when he "fell" trying to run after stabbing the Marine.

The suspect, whose name was not released, was held until police arrived. The Richmond County Sheriff's office said it is investigating.

Re: Now this is funny!

Here is the article on AP's website, but they want money to get the rest of it... Guess that means it's true, I read it online!
laugh.gif

* But looks like the injury list from his "fall" was doctored... sadly.

I heard about the story, but not the injuries to the thief. Having served active duty in the Corps, I could totally see this guy getting his ass handed to him for stabbing a Marine while three others witnessed it.

Did anything happen to the Marines because the guy suffered such injuries ??
Here in New Zealand they would have all been arrested and charged and convicted and the perp given a payment for his injuries after some time for loss of enjoyment of life or some other fuucked up shit .PC gone mad over my side of the sea -I just hate it!!!

Unfortunately I don't think we're far behind you. In reading between the lines and making some assumptions, I would venture to guess the LE responding may have been a bit sympathetic to the Marines. At least thats what I hope happened.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here in New Zealand they would have all been arrested and charged and convicted and the perp given a payment.... </div></div>

I think the perp WAS given a payment. Of sorts.
smile.gif

Who ya gonna believe the Marines or some thief that just committed attempted murder. So, if some up standing Marines said he fell, then he fell. His word against theirs.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anything happen to the Marines because the guy suffered such injuries ??
Here in New Zealand they would have all been arrested and charged and convicted and the perp given a payment for his injuries after some time for loss of enjoyment of life or some other fuucked up shit .PC gone mad over my side of the sea -I just hate it!!!</div></div> We are not far behind you on that case depending on what state it occurred in. In Texas, they had the right to whoop ass but in California, who knows what the result would have been for the Marines. This is what we get for letting the Wussies lead us in Politics and the education system...they run things and change laws that in the end neuter our warrior population unless they of course send us to war.

It seems clear to me, They were defending themselves. Most thieves are stupid this just proves it attacking mutlple targets with just one knive. Well done Marines

Semper Fi!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kellogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is the article on AP's website, but they want money to get the rest of it... Guess that means it's true, I read it online!
laugh.gif

* But looks like the injury list from his "fall" was doctored... sadly. </div></div>Kellogg is right that the injuries list of the perp was doctored. It already hit Snopes.

Link to original Augusta Chronicle article.

Whether they issued this guy a beat-down or not, they sure as hell did a lot more than anyone else there were going to do. It seems the perp is a career loser, recently released from jail on a gun and obstruction conviction, and is at least for now being held without bond due to his lengthy record.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anything happen to the Marines because the guy suffered such injuries ??
Here in New Zealand they would have all been arrested and charged and convicted and the perp given a payment for his injuries after some time for loss of enjoyment of life or some other fuucked up shit .PC gone mad over my side of the sea -I just hate it!!!</div></div> We are not far behind you on that case depending on what state it occurred in. In Texas, they had the right to whoop ass but in California, who knows what the result would have been for the Marines. This is what we get for letting the Wussies lead us in Politics and the education system...they run things and change laws that in the end neuter our warrior population unless they of course send us to war. </div></div>

Yep, the pussification of America.